Educate on this Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This thing doesn't cut wood, but I figured someone one here may know something about it. I got it at an auction today. It's a Husky 3120K concrete saw. It is in excellent condition, looks almost new and runs like a Husky should. I went to Husky's web site and It does not show this saw. Do they still make this model. How old is it? The serial number is 9180248. And last what did this thing cost new? I didn't think I would get it for what I did, but I brought it home for $245.00. It has a 16" diamond wheel on it. It weighs in right at 35 lbs. I guess it is meant to be used with a cart. I would hate to have to use this thing much by hand.

Last edited:
I'll give you $275 for it.

275 can we get 3 do I hear 3 yes 300.00 lol
Nice find that if I am not mistaken is the saw that will run the alpine
stump grinder as it takes a special head for the grinder. I really don't
know anything else but looks like a few parts would turn it into a
screaming chainsaw with a 72" bar and chain wow :jawdrop:

It night not have the oiler setup needed to run a bar. I see an oil fill cap on it though, I wonder if it is on there and just never used when cutting masonry.

I would put a big buzzsaw blade on it, that would really cut!

It night not have the oiler setup needed to run a bar. I see an oil fill cap on it though, I wonder if it is on there and just never used when cutting masonry.

I would put a big buzzsaw blade on it, that would really cut!
It does have the oil tank and on the bottom of the case it has the +- for the oil output adjustment. You guys have got me thinking now.. A saw with a 60" bar would come in mighty handy here in Southern Indiana.:jawdrop: :) :)

AOD has a point

Fire depts used to use a K1200 saw. Emergency 51 always called for the K12 saw. Our dept had one with a carbide tipped blade., It would be a good limber. But we used it for roof ventilation.

Monster saw! nice for cutting pits in concrete when you aren't allowed to use a shaped-charge. Good snag there.

This thing doesn't cut wood, but I figured someone one here may know something about it. I got it at an auction today. It's a Husky 3120K concrete saw. It is in excellent condition, looks almost new and runs like a Husky should. I went to Husky's web site and It does not show this saw. Do they still make this model. How old is it? The serial number is 9180248. And last what did this thing cost new? I didn't think I would get it for what I did, but I brought it home for $245.00. It has a 16" diamond wheel on it. It weighs in right at 35 lbs. I guess it is meant to be used with a cart. I would hate to have to use this thing much by hand.

You could make it a chainsaw. Will need oiler, clutch, probably clutch cover, dawgs, handlebar (unless you could live with the cutoff one) and either the carb or coil will be limited. Porting might be different too. It would be a cool project though and could sell the cutoff part to finance the change to a chainsaw.

Latest posts

Back