Efco help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
Hey fellas, gotta help my BIL out. He has hurt his JohnDeere CS52 pretty badly. Can anyone tell me the model numbers that the cubcadet and efco is that equals the CS52? And anybody out there have a IPL?? His bar stud pulled right threw the oil tank, ouch! Gotta find him some parts now. I left him with a 041FarmBoss to use in the mean time, but Im sure he'd love to have his lighter firewood machine back sooner than later. Thanks fellas.

Hey fellas, gotta help my BIL out. He has hurt his JohnDeere CS52 pretty badly. Can anyone tell me the model numbers that the cubcadet and efco is that equals the CS52? And anybody out there have a IPL?? His bar stud pulled right threw the oil tank, ouch! Gotta find him some parts now. I left him with a 041FarmBoss to use in the mean time, but Im sure he'd love to have his lighter firewood machine back sooner than later. Thanks fellas.

I think this is what you're looking for. There's a link for the IPL a little ways down the page.

DD

http://www.efcopower.com/products/chainsaws/152

Matt, if you want used parts for the repair, you might check with Chainsawr.com (site sponsor). They were an Efco dealer for a while and have a lot of NOS and good used parts.

DD

Awesome! Thanks for the help!! It just dawned on me, I think it might be under warranty. I think he got it after his son was born, and his boy is 5. I think tomorrow he and I are gonna make a trip to the dealer he got it from and hope for the best. I don't want to name names, but the dealer is a stink head, so Im not gonna hold my breath. He also sells Husqvarnas, Id rather travel a hour to Bob or have him ship/mail me the parts then go the 10 min to this guy. So I won't be surprised if he pulls some shtick. Thanks Again DiggersPops.

Awesome! Thanks for the help!! It just dawned on me, I think it might be under warranty. I think he got it after his son was born, and his boy is 5. I think tomorrow he and I are gonna make a trip to the dealer he got it from and hope for the best. I don't want to name names, but the dealer is a stink head, so Im not gonna hold my breath. He also sells Husqvarnas, Id rather travel a hour to Bob or have him ship/mail me the parts then go the 10 min to this guy. So I won't be surprised if he pulls some shtick. Thanks Again DiggersPops.

Just a heads up - there was some really bad blood between Efco corporate and their dealers. Word was that Efco stopped paying for their warranty work and the dealers, in turn, stopped doing repairs under warranty. I know my local guy had bad times with the company. He liked the saws okay, just not the company so much. I've heard good and bad about the saws, same as any other. I just picked up an 82 cc Efco project, so maybe I'll have an opinion on the saw after it's up and running.

Best of luck on getting that one going again. It was supposed to be a good, solid saw from what I read.

Yeah, it was solid, He heated his house for the last 3-4 years with it. 10 cord a year. Now it needs a little TLC, we'll get it running going again. I think we'll just skip the dealer, and Ill start looking on chainsawr site.

Pulled through. I just read Scotts write up about there warranty, yeah that SUCKS! Thanks red fir, Ill look into your post.

the cub version was model 5220, i sold an NOS 5220 this last fall............

, Lifetime on the ignition.[/QUOTE]
tooo bad they didn't have that,,on the old 945/950's!!!!!! that's the only thing bad about that saw..they were a cutting fool!!!

Back