One hell of a feeling!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe i was on the wrong sites but alot said either discontinued or n/a. So i turned to A/S. The intake boot is def discontinued but looks similiar to a 290/390 but i didnt try to fit one of those

Just recently found a brand new submerged top handle echo. Thought it was shot but runs like a beaut!

Great story!

An optometrist friend of mine had me rebuild his father's Homelite 330 - another much maligned saw here. His father had passed away and he wanted it restored because it reminded him of all of the times the two of them were out cutting wood. He also had brought it to a couple of local service places that refused it. It came to me with the input completely disassembled due to the infamous bad boot and had hemlock cones in the crankcase.

While I was not as generous as you (he was an optometrist after all), I did fully rebuild and clean this saw to the point it was spotless and its hard case as well. He was very appreciative and to this day when I see him he remarks about that saw. It is a good feeling when you can provide a service that nobody else will and it makes a big difference in someone's life.

A Homey 330 just fell into my hands a couple days ago. Good compression but doubt ill get around to it. If ya ever need parts.... Shout this way bub!

~Moose

Hmmm, I've thought the 028 series were some of the best firewood saws ever. Guess I missed all the disparaging talk. At any rate, boatloads of wood have been cut with these saws. Like many of things on AS, a lot of "hate talk" comes from those with no actual experience with the saw model.

Hmmm, I've thought the 028 series were some of the best firewood saws ever. Guess I missed all the disparaging talk. At any rate, boatloads of wood have been cut with these saws. Like many of things on AS, a lot of "hate talk" comes from those with no actual experience with the saw model.

Ive never played in the wood with one myself... are they decent? it felt like a ripper once i got it going.. I have the opportunity of another 028WB that my neighbors mother has, MINT CONDISH! should i grab it if i can? That and another friend has an 031AV? i believe... looks like hell PHO just hanging in his garage, hasn't been used in years, should i try to acquire that too?? Not familiar with the worth of either, this was the first 028WB in my hands. I'm thinkin i would love to attempt that 031... Hate seeing something just hang and go to waste. Problem is the 031 is my friends fathers who refuses to sell anything, almost like he'd rather it just hang and waste. I saw his "climbing gear" the other day. An old pole belt (leather) and welded pole gaffs with leather L-pads that are falling apart... He told me a story about dropping a branch on a primary, blew him clear off the tree about 75ft away into the bushes!! lucky sob but i told him, GET RID OF HIS EQUIP AND BUY NEW!! Could not believe he would put his life on the line with the crap he had. Im surprised he is still alive!:laugh:

A Homey 330 just fell into my hands a couple days ago. Good compression but doubt ill get around to it. If ya ever need parts.... Shout this way bub!

~Moose

Might actually take you up, had one come in a few days ago for repairs. Not sure what it needs yet.

~Moose

Thanks Moose! That machine is more or less a shelf queen now so I am hoping I will not see it again. 330's are a pain to work on compared to what I am used to.

I just popped the top cover today, looks like a mess of parts. Not kiddin when u say hard to work on. Did get it to pop a couple times though with fresh fuel

And BTW ill trade ya for a couple of them 262's ya got in your sig. My fav :clap:

Keep me in mind! Letting go of any mintys?? Probably on of the easiest and funnest saws to work on/play with. Mines down at the moment, sheared the flywheel key right after conversion so im waiting on the "special" washer that was missing that created the mess. Hoping that'll fix it as it was runnin like a bat out of hell prior. If not, new flywheel it is

Back