"You Suck" Thread 2024"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A neighbor friend told me he had a Stihl 041 parts saw in his garage that I could have. When I arrived to pick it up, I found sitting next to the 041 a 042 that he wanted me to have as well. The 042 was running when he stopped using it 10 or 15 years ago. It needed fuel lines, and he never got them replaced. It seems to be all there, and it has over 130 PSI compression. The clutch is in pretty good shape, but, as you can see, the saw could use a real good cleaning!
View attachment 1163541
View attachment 1163542
View attachment 1163543
View attachment 1163544
View attachment 1163545
View attachment 1163546
View attachment 1163547
I hope to get to the 042 soon, when I get a few other projects cleared off the bench. So far, I have $0 invested. I guess that qualifies as a "You Suck"! O
Amazing pics, I want to print, frame, and hang in my workshop....errrr, when I have one 1 day.

I never had a Homelite in my collection until now. Picked up this Super XL Limited Edition locally off of Facebook marketplace a couple months ago. All it needed was a carb diaphragm and a clean up. Runs perfect now. I'm not sure if it qualifies for a you suck, but I paid $10View attachment 1168004View attachment 1168004
Being as I like Homies, it qualifies you as a you suck title. LOL

Just picked up this NOS NASCAR bar ... Now the decision if someone would rather have it as is for a collection, or if I should mount it on my 350 NASCAR version.... Decisions Decisions. Leaning towards putting it on the saw. It's a shelf queen anyways

1000010551.jpg

Just picked up this NOS NASCAR bar ... Now the decision if someone would rather have it as is for a collection, or if I should mount it on my 350 NASCAR version.... Decisions Decisions. Leaning towards putting it on the saw. It's a shelf queen anyways

View attachment 1169616
Let er roll, gentle wear and character always equals value and vintage.

Pioneer farm saw, given to me for free. Friend had to move off his property and this was just another saw that had been sitting outside neglected. Complete and original, even has the original bar which is still usable. The piston and bore are in excellent condition but the saw had no spark. Checked the coil gap, seemed excessive. Adjusted it with my shim and got a nice fat spark. You could tell it had been monkeyed with, the coil might have been replaced but not adjusted properly. So it will get the usual going over and cleaning before it's put into service.

IMG_20240422_163446.jpg

Local "garage sale" on a local farm not 5 minutes from home
Dolmar 122- broken spark plug, repaired and runs- broken air box cover- $40 my dollars.
Husqvarna 125L- cracked fuel lines- repaired, runs. $40
4X bars and chains- $10
4X axes- (Including 2 Kelly Dandenong True Temper's) - $30.

So quick math and currency exchange- NZD $120. USD $71:22. AUD $109:77. CAD $97:31.

image0 (69).jpeg

Local "garage sale" on a local farm not 5 minutes from home
Dolmar 122- broken spark plug, repaired and runs- broken air box cover- $40 my dollars.
Husqvarna 125L- cracked fuel lines- repaired, runs. $40
4X bars and chains- $10
4X axes- (Including 2 Kelly Dandenong True Temper's) - $30.

So quick math and currency exchange- NZD $120. USD $71:22. AUD $109:77. CAD $97:31.

View attachment 1172326
This qualifies for suckage

Latest posts

Back