"You Suck" Thread 2024"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gggGary

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll start the 2024 thread??
Been thinking mebby one more big saw before I hang it up, the 440 has been great to me but this popped on FB today
MS462C $1K
2 1/2 hours run time and looks like it inside and out.
ms462 lh.jpg
offered 850 and he took it. 5 miles round trip to get it.
Starts and runs great.
Invoice date 11-23-2023
invoice SN off.jpg
Don't think the chain's been sharpened yet, a light touch up with a file all it'll need.
KIMG5541.JPG KIMG5539.JPG
Tree service guy, he gave me his card.
Guess he needed cash.
Don't think the lid had ever been off. blew out the filter and a bit of sawdust off the carb.
Will be interesting to run it against the 440 a time or two.
Didn't find anyone with a foam or mouse hair prefilter sleeve for it.

Well, lets see- not quite one month in......
Scored a 181SE for under $100 of our dollars delivered to my door.
670 Champ arrived today, free and free shipping.
Bought a retired Stihl shop owners inventory of 21 boxed saw for repair, 2 more banana boxes full of carbs, mufflers etc, 7 fish bins of yet to be sorted saws and a fish bin full of bars for $500 of our dollars.
A $40 028AV, one of the old school metal tank ones- runs like a trooper.
Months not over yet........P1010294.JPG

Well not sure if I suck or the saw sucks (maybe both?) but this is my first cheap buy of the year. Picked up this 455 for 60 bucks last week with a stuck ring. Gaskets and aftermarket piston kit will be here tomorrow, in it just a shade over 100 bucks now.

View attachment 1147651
When, you get your saw done and have a moment. Like to see some cleared pics of that welding table. While I'm asking for stuff, post a pic or two of that old cycle in the "Lets see them motorcycles" thread.

When, you get your saw done and have a moment. Like to see some cleared pics of that welding table. While I'm asking for stuff, post a pic or two of that old cycle in the "Lets see them motorcycles" thread.
Just finished cramming that little Rancher back together and fired it for the first time so the table isn't clear but it's nothin' fancy. Stack of Ford pickup wheels and an old step off a Kenworth. I've added bits to hang tools and grinding wheels and some casters to keep it mobile. Actually my only work surface since I still haven't built a bench since buying this place this summer.
PXL_20240127_052806128.jpg

The bike is a '70 Yamaha AT-1. I believe it's got something like a whopping 915 miles on it now.
PXL_20210620_183017482_2.jpg

Just finished cramming that little Rancher back together and fired it for the first time so the table isn't clear but it's nothin' fancy. Stack of Ford pickup wheels and an old step off a Kenworth. I've added bits to hang tools and grinding wheels and some casters to keep it mobile. Actually my only work surface since I still haven't built a bench since buying this place this summer.
View attachment 1147880

The bike is a '70 Yamaha AT-1. I believe it's got something like a whopping 915 miles on it now.
View attachment 1147881

Wow, I miss picked that one- the front end is a dead ringer for a TY- even the trials tyre.

And another project. $49(not including shipping, total came to $70) but it's either a basketcase or somebody took parts of it for some reason..1000010026.jpg1000010028.jpg

A bit weird to me because the engine spins free with no weird noises. But this will be later on down the road once I get some other stuff running, including the 49sp.

View attachment 1147880

View attachment 1147881
Tks for posting these. I like the simple welding table. I've got some old rims laying around. I did something similar with a rim and an old tractor axle tube.

That Yamaha is a very cool bike.

And another project. $49(not including shipping, total came to $70) but it's either a basketcase or somebody took parts of it for some reason..View attachment 1148017View attachment 1148018

A bit weird to me because the engine spins free with no weird noises. But this will be later on down the road once I get some other stuff running, including the 49sp.

I had one of those given to me as a non runner. I determined the coil was bad, would spark turning slow but stop if you gave it a real sharp tug. Found out there are 2 different coils for them, all in all I bought 3 different coils for it, got it to run but it was suuuuppper doggy, finally gave it to a friend of mine that wanted to tinker with it

Just picked up all 3 of these for $25! The MACCAT will go in my personal collection, the chain brake is broken off and it pulls freely. The Homelite EZ is going in my personal collection and pulls freely. The bigger McCulloch has the recoil removed and I forgot that piece in my grandma’s Subaru, idk if that saw will go in my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_6761.jpeg
    IMG_6761.jpeg
    671.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6762.jpeg
    IMG_6762.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
125 SP, around $123 USD, arrived with a small tear in the manifold rubber boot- but is complete and runs.
Was talking to another saw guy about it and saying it needed a manifold and he says- I might just have one of those- so it is now safe to use- but I might have to do something about the single jet carb.

1708333930652.png

1708333955019.png

1708333987378.png

1708334018356.png

View attachment 427905324_7352523974814415_1281732179046401070_n.mp4

Latest posts

Back