"You Suck" Thread 2024"--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it took till February for this year but the stray saw distributing system has hit again. Guy said “I’ve already got 10 saws, just come get it out of my way”

Don’t mind if I do! Runs cuts and oils, and is a decent 50cc saw from what I can tell. A man can’t ask for much more, except for more free saws maybe. 1708609306611.png1708609327443.png

I swear stray saws they tell their friends when you pick one up, cause another almost IMMEDIATELY follows. Got the 500vl Wednesday, got this one today….

Snagged this guy for $75 from an auction. It came with a weedeater that started on the 3rd pull. Plan is to sell the weedeater to recoup the cost and keep the saw for my echo collection.

4 times of dowsing gas down the carb and it started and ran on its own. Cleaned it up a bit found the chain to actually be sharp, I know a huge shock, so I noodled into some 30in diameter white oak I had at the wood pile, runs absolutely great.

These old echos are heavy and people call them slow but I absolutely love them.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0324.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 2
I swear stray saws they tell their friends when you pick one up, cause another almost IMMEDIATELY follows. Got the 500vl Wednesday, got this one today….

Snagged this guy for $75 from an auction. It came with a weedeater that started on the 3rd pull. Plan is to sell the weedeater to recoup the cost and keep the saw for my echo collection.

4 times of dowsing gas down the carb and it started and ran on its own. Cleaned it up a bit found the chain to actually be sharp, I know a huge shock, so I noodled into some 30in diameter white oak I had at the wood pile, runs absolutely great.

These old echos are heavy and people call them slow but I absolutely love them.
That's why decades work 🤠

Just finished cramming that little Rancher back together and fired it for the first time so the table isn't clear but it's nothin' fancy. Stack of Ford pickup wheels and an old step off a Kenworth. I've added bits to hang tools and grinding wheels and some casters to keep it mobile. Actually my only work surface since I still haven't built a bench since buying this place this summer.
View attachment 1147880

The bike is a '70 Yamaha AT-1. I believe it's got something like a whopping 915 miles on it now.
View attachment 1147881
An AT is an enduro, 125cc I believe. I have a 73 CT175, my first bike, and recently got a 74 DT175 & 76 or 79 DT100. The 100 is a sweet little unit. Just needs a battery to get it running, needs battery so you dont blow the headlight is what I've been told. Those are about in the unobtanium class these days.

The 2163w cleaned up pretty good, cylinder looks good too. Anyone know where to find a clutch side decal?
Guy in Ohio I know makes good repops for jreds.

Bet he could help. He is on my chainsaw repair group FB.

Dont know about the w though.

Some of his work.

My 2163 I sold. Had all the paperwork from original owner too. Even the receipt.

jdecalxxxxxxxx.jpg
jdecalxxx.jpgj2163.jpgj21633.jpg

An AT is an enduro, 125cc I believe. I have a 73 CT175, my first bike, and recently got a 74 DT175 & 76 or 79 DT100. The 100 is a sweet little unit. Just needs a battery to get it running, needs battery so you dont blow the headlight is what I've been told. Those are about in the unobtanium class these days.

what i remember is them needin batt for lites to work at all
first thing we did on most o those was ditch batt for weight n avoid acid spills

I ordered a Bicentenial Poulan off eBay for $40 shipped. The description said the motor was seized. These sell for $400 in running condition due to their rarity. Well, turns out the recoil setup is messed up and this thing actually does turn over! Looks clean under the clutch cover and covers. Piston looks great. Can’t wait to finish cleaning it up.

Attachments

• IMG_6975.jpeg
    IMG_6975.jpeg
    941.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6976.jpeg
    IMG_6976.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6977.jpeg
    IMG_6977.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I've posted these already in the pioneer section, but dove into pioneer territory with a 2200 and an FM80 "frankensaw". Frankensaw was advertised as "locked up", turns out the string got jammed in the recoil pulley. Probably going to restring it anyway. Has spark, so I think it'll (hopefully ) run, compression seems good but need to actually put a gauge on it.

2200 has intermittent spark but spins over after restringing the recoil, also missing the primer setup (this one doesn't have a choke mechanism)

$70 for the 2200, $190 for the frankensaw.

(Edit: added more images)

1000011527.jpg1000011530.jpg1000011208.jpg1000011529.jpg1000011528.jpg1000011207.jpg

Back