Efco MT5200 / 152

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRCo.

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got the paperwork on the new Efco MT5200. I say new...new sticker. The picture is a 152, so are the specs. So unless they sent the wrong picture, it's just a name change so that all the saws are 'MT' branded now. Makes sense since the 156 and 165 are going away. Just passing along the info.

Now...Im trying to find out when we may see this... http://www.myefco.com/new-mt-6500-professional-chainsaw.html

"The high power, the interchangeable bars and the numerous advanced solutions, make it a versatile machine that is specially suited to felling and cutting up large trees."

What the hell kind of idiot wrote the blurb for the MT6500?! They may be trying, but clearly not hard enough...

If you're a box store shopper that type of "used car salesman talk" could be impressive.

Or it's just bad Italian/English translation.

But I'm real curious to see what they come up with in the new larger cc saws.

"The high power, the interchangeable bars and the numerous advanced solutions, make it a versatile machine that is specially suited to felling and cutting up large trees."

What the hell kind of idiot wrote the blurb for the MT6500?! They may be trying, but clearly not hard enough...
Probably the same fellow who wrote below, kind of reminds me of

Husqvarna 562 XP® is developed for professional loggers and skilled landowners. The saw has a ground breaking design and is loaded with innovative solutions for efficient, convenient operation with large air filter and bar options up to 24". Our unique X-Torq® engine technology provide more power where you need it, up to 20% less fuel consumption and 60% less exhaust emission. RevBoost™ provides instant high chain speed for extra efficient de-limbing.

or

Brains and brawn come together in this well-rounded professional chainsaw. The MS 362 C-M features the same great power, weight and fuel efficiency as the MS 362, but also features our exclusive STIHL M-Tronic™ engine management technology. This innovative microprocessor-controlled engine management system optimizes engine performance and compensates for changes in operating conditions, such as temperature, elevation, fuel quality, and dirty air filters. It makes sure you’re working with optimal cutting power in any cutting condition.

But then again it is so nice, comfortable and reassuring to look at the world from ones own narrow perspective...

Probably the same fellow who wrote below, kind of reminds me of

Husqvarna 562 XP® is developed for professional loggers and skilled landowners. The saw has a ground breaking design and is loaded with innovative solutions for efficient, convenient operation with large air filter and bar options up to 24". Our unique X-Torq® engine technology provide more power where you need it, up to 20% less fuel consumption and 60% less exhaust emission. RevBoost™ provides instant high chain speed for extra efficient de-limbing.

or

Brains and brawn come together in this well-rounded professional chainsaw. The MS 362 C-M features the same great power, weight and fuel efficiency as the MS 362, but also features our exclusive STIHL M-Tronic™ engine management technology. This innovative microprocessor-controlled engine management system optimizes engine performance and compensates for changes in operating conditions, such as temperature, elevation, fuel quality, and dirty air filters. It makes sure you’re working with optimal cutting power in any cutting condition.

But then again it is so nice, comfortable and reassuring to look at the world from ones own narrow perspective...

Yeah, but they don't mention interchangeable bars - I mean, that's huge! Imagine being able to change the bar on your saw!

as far as I heard last month was that the MT5200 is due out this fall sometime. not sure exactly when but they said this fall. I figured that it will be like a 152 but with more choked up to meet emissions

Back