Efficient large tree removal, processing, into firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natster

Natster

ArboristSite Guru
I'd like a https://powersplit.com/
And add to it an arm, that telescopes, in length, from about 5' to 16' with a stickler on it.
Parts of one of these: IMG_20191221_173504.jpgThis would allow a user to use the Auger head, (slave pony motor) with stickler, to take apart the huge logs, then hand load onto the power split, and make finished firewood. Noodling makes a mess, you have to move the heavy rounds, so you don't get saw in dirt, etc.
The power split machine is heavy. And self propelled.
This is a pre-made component, as would be the rest of it. Also, I've seen hydraulic t post pounders, and hydraulic concrete jackhammer. If equipped with a wood splitter head, it could serve many other purposes.
Yes, I'm dreaming. But that's how things get going.
I don't know how much the power split buggy costs, but I'm looking for ideas.
Thank you,
Nate

Sandhill Crane
The excavators with cone splitters bust up monster logs quickly and efficiently, downsizing them into rail sections to fit processors. Lacking a processor, you might as well skip the cone splitter, and cut rounds to split on the PowerSplit. A small grapple might be helpful to load rounds on a roller table feeding the splitter. The Australians have this process down pretty good with their big hardwoods.

cantoo

cantoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have a Unicorn 3 pth cone splitter and have played with it several times. That little hand controlled post hole digger there will throw you on your azz before you get a facecord of wood split. If you mount it on a tractor 3 pth post hole then you will last longer but positioning it will take more time than it's worth. If you mount it on a skid steer you will tear up your yard real quick. Mounted on a mini x would be the best bet but wrecking the gearbox on a post hole power head will set you back more than the wood is worth. Cone splitters rely on slow speed and power (torque) to split the logs, a post hole digger does not provide this. Big wood costs big bucks to bust up if you wanna do it quick.

Attachments

• 900x0_s3-30902-Eric-on-Vermeer-with-Black-Splitter.jpg
    900x0_s3-30902-Eric-on-Vermeer-with-Black-Splitter.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 18

U&A

The Millstead LLC
Though this stuff looks cooler than heck....

I just cant justify spending so much on processing equipment unless im starting a business.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Latest posts