Egopower+

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the idea of a battery electric top handle saw. I would make communications with the climber so much easier. I have looked at Stihl's various battery tools and while I like what see I just can't bare the price of the batteries and the charger. I noticed you were wearing ear muffs in the second video. Why?

Cool vids man!

Just so happens I was at my local husky dealers today, who also carries the oregon tools. They had sold the batt saw to a guy and he called them up just ecstatic after first use, said he was coming back to buy all the other batt tools they had, the hedge trimmer and blower, etc. I checked out the blower while I was there, plenty of power.

Thanks for the videos Wolter, especially comparing the Ego saw to the Husqvarna. Your second video certainly shows that these saws are capable of doing 'real work', even if they are not as fast as most two-cycle saws.

I did not notice a significant lag time in the saw coming up to speed - might be something that you notice more as a user.

I have been trying the Oregon 40V leaf blower (BL300), but have been waiting to give it a little more use before posting a thread on it. Certainly convenient for smaller cleanups. Certainly easier to stick with one brand of battery powered tools when they all share the same batteries!

Philbert

I've been using a Stihl one for a fews years on and off. For short jobs especially limbing work it is great. When the trigger isn't on it isn't using any battery, no friggin around with 2 stroke mix and tuning. Makes me wonder if we'll look back on 2 stroke chainsaw engines in 10 years time and laugh.

l find myself using my ms150/echo 271t in the morning in residential areas over ms200/201t's due less noise for me and others. A good electric TH is in my sights, l am just waiting for the dust to settle as they are evolving really quickly. 52 volts is attractive!!

Thanks for the videos. :rock: I've been looking at the new Echo equipment, rumor has it they have a bit more power over the Ego, I'd like to see them compared.
The Echo is still a nogo here in Europe so that's why I went for the Ego.
I would have preferred an Echo if only it was for their rock solid build quality these days.
I can imagine the Echo one has more torque judging on the comparison from the 56 volt Ego with the 36 volt Husqy.

A good electric TH is in my sights, l am just waiting for the dust to settle as they are evolving really quickly. 52 volts is attractive!!
The 36 volts Husqvarna 536LiXP is a good tophandle! You can compare it with a 'hole in the muffler drilled' Stihl 192.
I'm using my Husqy now for more than three years on all pruning and start on most takedowns. The shivers go through my spine when I think of not being able to use it anymore.

The 36 volts Husqvarna 536LiXP is a good tophandle! You can compare it with a 'hole in the muffler drilled' Stihl 192.
I'm using my Husqy now for more than three years on all pruning and start on most takedowns. The shivers go through my spine when I think of not being able to use it anymore.
Are you still using the original battery, and does it still hold a good charge?

Are you still using the original battery, and does it still hold a good charge?
No problems what soever! I can't notice any deterioration in any of my seven powerbricks. All my Husqy batteries are the 3.0 amps. Two of them are three years old and the other five two years old.
I'm on a very strict swapped system.
There's one in the saw and six in a box under the passenger seat.
In the evening I take the ones I used that day in for a charge and the next morning they go back in the box as the last ones to be used.
After a coffee break I swap the battery no matter what the charge is. This swaping seldom makes me send the saw down for a fresh brick.

No problems what soever! I can't notice any deterioration in any of my seven powerbricks. All my Husqy batteries are the 3.0 amps. Two of them are three years old and the other five two years old.
I'm on a very strict swapped system.
There's one in the saw and six in a box under the passenger seat.
In the evening I take the ones I used that day in for a charge and the next morning they go back in the box as the last ones to be used.
After a coffee break I swap the battery no matter what the charge is. This swaping seldom makes me send the saw down for a fresh brick.
Thank you, good to know.

Latest posts

Back