El bandito is ready to roll.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blakesmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here's some pics of what he looked like when we picked him up. I'd hunted for about a month for a decent machine. This was what I found in our price range.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Luckily we only had to travel about 5 miles to look at it. :clap: The guy was all distraught as we started pointing out everything we saw wrong with it. I think he's just a part time equipment dealer and thought he was way over his head. Anyway, I beat him up on the price pretty good and made the deal "as is". We spent a few days ironing it out and it looks a bit better now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is much better than our old chuck n' duck. It's got the 110 hp cummins in it, so yeah, it eats. We bought a couple sets of new knives, bolts, filters, fluids, decals, paint, and some other odds and ends. We have maybe 40 man hours in it right now and about 10 grand. I think we did pretty good.

A few more pics of the "new" iron and a sentimental shot of "Dirty Debbie", our cute little chuck n' duck that "el bandito" will be running out of town.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I used Valspar equipment paint from Tractor supply. Oliver Green. I used a fairly high end primer from NAPA as well. Don't recall the name though. Not bad for my first attempt at shooting somethin', ay dano?

Nice work, you getting rid of the chuck and duck?

Thasa joke, right? I'm gonna give el bandito a week or two ta prove himself after which Durty Debbie will be going down the road. Prolly gonna put 'er on ebay or somethin'.

nice man! congrats.

Thanks, boss. I'm pretty pumped.

Quick question for those experienced with this machine. The dealer told me that the anvil has 4 sides and should be rotated every 250 hours. Based on the condition this machine was in when we picked it up I'm assuming there's 3 good sides and one that's beat ta hell. Anyone ever rotated one of those anvil's that could run me through the procedure?

Thasa joke, right? I'm gonna give el bandito a week or two ta prove himself after which Durty Debbie will be going down the road. Prolly gonna put 'er on ebay or somethin'.

If it still runs strong let me know my old M&M has seen better days. I could use a inexpensive replacement.

If it still runs strong let me know my old M&M has seen better days. I could use a inexpensive replacement.

Oh, she runs like a champ but just couldn't keep up with the amount of wood we were putting out. Just replacing the weak link in our fluidity. I'll give ya dibs when the time arrives.

Man, that was a perfect post. lol.

Yo blakes: you split that baby up for firewood or what??

if so, what was the face-cordage on that mo-fo?? lol

Chipper looks sweet bro. almost my color too

F THAT, mds, firewood stayed on that job. The homeowner was a do it yourself kinda guy. I spent 5 hours on spikes that day. One of the rear leads was two feet off the house peak at about 20 inch dbh still. Ziplined the hell outta that sum#####. My bro blasted out the last top after lunch and then we ripped that butt over. Ground the stump the next morning. Another tree service bid it but told the HO to remove part of his house to get their bucket back there, lol. Wonder why we got the job, eh?

Latest posts

Back