Eliet Chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I understand that in the U.S.A. the smaller brush chippers are enjoyed by arborists doing smaller jobs, I am still sold on the blade design as it makes chips fit for horticultural use as well as some of the features that made it easy for a 13-year-old to use such as the fact that it has big wheels and multiple handles and it is also nice that it pulls material in. I rented one and fell in love. Does The brand generally make good chippers?

I have attached a picture of the blade design

Attachments

• 168899-15545757.jpg
    168899-15545757.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 168899-12109356.jpg
    168899-12109356.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1
  • LG-Eliet-Chipper2-large-1-a_600.jpg
    LG-Eliet-Chipper2-large-1-a_600.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 0
looks like a decent machine although I havent ran one
for a 13 year old running it, I would strongly advise getting an old used 6" bandit or vermeer with feed rollers and reversing feed control bar, along with a crush cylinder
ive used the smaller chipper shredders, you have to cut brush down so small and most of the time you are fighting the machine, either having to shove brush in dangerously close to the knives, or having to hold brush back so it can speed back up and avoid clogging/stalling
never run a chipper alone, not even one of these small units
crush cylinder is really a safety feature IMO, it pushes the top feed wheel down with a lever and crushes limbs going into it, saves on cutting brush up, or reaching into the machine to wrestle with brush (dont do that, not only will a chipper kill you, it will hurt the whole time)

That's an interesting blade design.

I have two chippers that go on tractors and are powered by the tractor's PTO. One is a manual feed 5" chipper/shredder and the other is a hydraulic feed 8" chipper. The power feed unit chips much better than the manual feed one. It's got two rollers (many tractor units have one) but it's not a crush roller, just gravity and a couple springs. There's a lever to lift it. That makes it easier to get large diameter pieces to feed and to toss in shorties.

Latest posts

Back