"ELKO f2" rings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have rings marked "ELKO f2" or "ELKO FZ". The marking is etched into the flats on each ring near the ring gap. Could these be aftermarket rings? Anyone know if the markings can be linked to a brand name?

I have rings marked "ELKO f2" or "ELKO FZ". The marking is etched into the flats on each ring near the ring gap. Could these be aftermarket rings? Anyone know if the markings can be linked to a brand name?

I think ELCO rings are made in Austria, I have heard of them before, they would most likely be aftermarket, what are they from? The letters may be indicators of a coating used on them.
Pioneerguy600

Hey Jerry,
The rings are from a Stihl 070. It was in that group of saws I bought a few weeks ago. The same saw discussed in this thread: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/160260.htm

Trying to figure out what was done with the saw. Mahle cylinder is on there now. The piston looks OEM but it's toast. I'd appreciate you input on the cylinder if you can.

Superman,
Thanks for the link. So they could be OEM as they are associated with Mahle. What I don't know is if Stihl buys cylinders, pistons and rings from Mahle. Up until now I had never considered that Stihl used the same supplier for all 3 items. Unless I hear otherwise I'll consider them OEM.

Thanks guys!

Back