End of season - Nice day!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been working on just splitting and stacking the locust I harvested. Had a bad case of SWS (Saw withdrawal Symptom) today. Cold, a bit breezy. Loaded up and went back to my last site. 2 1/2 hours of pure fun just cutting up the stuff that my buddy couldn't touch. His saw is only a 14" Poulan and this was 20" and up locust butts.

Just cut and leave lay, no brushing, no loading. Just sniff exhaust and enjoy a saw running well with a sharp chain self feeding. Got everything cut up for him. All he has to do is make a bunch of french fries getting those rounds down to loadable size :)

Gotta get back on the splitting though. Still have a fair size pile and the wx report says only one workable day coming up in the next 8...okay, so I will turn that into several days even if I get a bit wet and muddy.

That homemade splitter has to go. Way to slow when I have to run it full cycle to cut all the strings. Also way underpowered. Have to help it along with a wedge to start the split on big stuff.

Harry K

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back