Engine Replacement for Vermeer 620

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fostertrees

Reaction score
I have a late 80's Vermeer 620 with the Kohler M 20 S and it is on it's way out. I was wondering which newer motors would easily fit right on to this chipper? I hope someone can tell me a specific model of motor that will work so I can start shopping I will pay more for more reliability but price is my major concern. I don't care what make of engine just something similar in the 20hp -25hp range. Also any advice about what I need to consider as far as making something fit. I don't know maybe all motors will require some fabrication and welding of spacers along with drilling some holes to make a different motor bolt on to the frame and have the shaft match up. If there aren't any models that will bolt on directly I guess I have to find some specs on my chipper and match it up with available motors, any advice there if needed would be great too. This is my first post and I just wanted to thank all who post for the information I have gotten over the years.

Latest posts

Back