Englander 28-3500 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just don't think you will push enough air without running a pair of 20x8 ducts on each side of a plenum

i learned everything i know from this site about my wood furnace but i had experience in a little bit of this a little bit of that if i was starting from scratch i would ask a local friend to look at my system

im really over stepping my boundaries im not a pro i am just stating my opinion about the tundra and the 2 8" ducts

How tall would you make that plenum?? Could I install duct registers to heat my basement off of that plenum? I'm worried about my upstairs run and thinking I could only install a max of 9" duct. because of CTC.. I could install a damper and close the main floor supply off when no call for heat, and do the same on the 2nd floor. Vice versa all electronic of course. Any thoughts..

im really over stepping my boundaries im not a pro i am just stating my opinion about the tundra and the 2 8" ducts
I respect your opinion and knowledge. I'm looking for of course safety 1st, but then efficiency close 2nd. and common sense. I don't mind spending a lot now verses every 2-3 years replace or invest more $$$ in something I should have bought in the first place...

you have two main trunks lets say you have a 20x8 you hook a 20x8 from the plenum to that then if you have a 10 round that goes to addic you hook a 10 round to that

i have 70 feet of duct of 20x8 and i have my furnace tied in at the middle of the house i have dampers at all 14 registers to make air flow even it works great

I've hit on what I would do. A furnace with a plenum that two trunks could split from. Being there's a coils, clearances to combustibles, and the need for dampers, I would contact a local hvac company to at least pick their brains. I know it's easy to find some things online, but you have a setup that's going to be different.

I've hit on what I would do. A furnace with a plenum that two trunks could split from. Being there's a coils, clearances to combustibles, and the need for dampers, I would contact a local hvac company to at least pick their brains. I know it's easy to find some things online, but you have a setup that's going to be different.
Laynes what kind of furnace do you have? Any photos? or information about your furnace would be highly appreciated..

Back