enough equipment pics. let's see some climbing!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More tornado pics. A few were taken with a drone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 59
Last ones....... These are pictures from after the clean up at the red roof house. Had a friend come in and pop out all the up rooted stumps then I set the owners up with a tree farm. They came in and planted over 100 white pine, spruce and hemlock trees. Place looks great considering what happened. Customers were great to deal with and were very positive and patient throughout the whole process!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 52
2eef327da6336d4d25cfd91e00746943.jpg

Y'all must be overcharging or something if you can afford to hire a guy to just run around taking pics and all. Especially if he has time to adjust the exposure.
Just the two of us usually. All just quick phone pics edited later. One of our friends that's a pro photographer did just help us on a big job and got some good stuff.

There's actually a good story about that photo.

Instructor asks the group of twenty or so, who wants to go first in the aerial rescue?

So I raise my hand, throw my line into the tree, work my way up above the dummy's TIP, come down to the dummy, talk the required speel, get the dummy off its line and rigged onto mine in the proper position, then worked my way carefully to the ground.

But the instructor pulls me aside and whispers he's going to fail me, simply because he's worried the whole group would try to emulate what I'd done, that they were too green to accomplish the feat in the time allotted in the course. But not to worry cuz I'd get a second go at it once the group was finished.

Then he tells the whole group that I'd failed, that he didn't want any of them to take the dummy off its line.

Well I knew damn well that it was highly probable that an aerial rescue victim might have damaged their line in an accident, and that particular instructor was full of crap.

Nevertheless, when the group was finally finished, I pulled that instructor aside and gave him an earful of what I thought of his expedient BS.

Then I repeated the aerial rescue, absolutely furious to the point that I simply hauled ass up to the dummy's TIP, put my lanyard around the dummy's bodyline, came down that line hand over hand landing in the dummy's lap while slipping my lanyard over its head and around its back, gave the required speel, then burned down to the ground manipulating the dummy's monkey fist when the picture above was taken.

I set the record for quickest aerial rescue in WO Hart Park that day, but it was a BS rescue IMO.

That fat tub of lard instructor couldn't have rescued anybody from a tree even if his own life depended on it.

jomoco

Back