epa laws in PA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can someone help me find the recent post about the new strict laws in pa on OWB , I can't seem to find it , thanks

Think I saw that one , wasn't there one just posted this past week or so , something about the new very strict regulations for PA .

PA plumber , hows it going ?? I think you were the one that told me where I could find xp husky oil in Bloomsburg , I appreciated your help and wanted to let you no that the next size up bottle is much cheaper but renco doesn't have them , I found them at a very small dealer in Hunlock creek , about 20 miles north of Bloomsburg. You get almost twice as much for a few cents more money .

Sorry, I just don't remember that.

I do remember a 372 in New Bloomfield that we discussed. The fellow was asking just a tad too much.

But... you are welcome!

thanks ed rendell ...first its phase one ..then 2 ..then what ? they get completely phased out ? a 1 dollar tax on every split you own ?gotta pay for those expensive clean air programs somehow !welcome to impeding government control of your life right down to what you heat your families home with and burn in the privacy of your backyard .tax and spend tax and spend ,democrats wont be happy till they regulate and tax every aspect of your existence in the name of being politically correct ,tolerant and non objectionable even if its making false crisis situations ..after all they gotta save you from yourself because they know ultimately whats best for you and your family and making a buck off it just sweetens the deal.its sad and a foolish self defeating cycle ..dumb people keep voting these same guys in and wonder why they lose little portions of their freedom bill by bill and they get the same results from the same leftys each time .i dont want the government telling me what to do ,i know whats best for me and my family ,i want my own personal freedom to make my own decisions without every little thing being regulated and taxed and people sneaking around my area looking for laws or regulations being broken.the crooks in office dont have the right to force their will on the people ,they are supposed to run the post office(now its bankrupt btw ) and protect us from enemy foreign intrusions.the yhave big problems to worry about like our record unemployment our debt ,our wars ..instead they are further bankrupting our country by the day and cramming their bad ideas down our throats

Last edited:
Yuo ain't seen nothing yet...Wait til they get control of health care. That will be the spring board to TOTAL control under the guise of "it's unhealthy"

Welcome to the USSA!!!

Were you can't runa chain saw, or burn wood......:angry::angry::angry:

Hey Chugbug, that was me with the XP oil at Renco, thanks for the heads up. They are right around the corner from me so I was getting it there but your right the small bottle add up, I switched to Bailey's synthetic but I'll grab some XP form the Hunlock Creek guy if I'm up that way.

Those 2 links kind of cover what I got in the mail a few weeks ago from Central Boiler about what PA is trying to do...it's basically 150 feet from any property line, think it was stack 2 feet above any residence within 500 feet if not EPS certified, 150 feet if EPA certified and there were some dates to stay within but I didn't pay attention to those, I don't burn in the summer. It's the 150 from property lines I'm close to, just pacing it off I'm right at 150 from 3 lines...my stack is close to 20ft and I think I'd still have to raise it more to stay away from the 500 feet rule they are proposing, what will really suck is it's my own rental house next door that is 3 stories and would be the highest around....

notice how they say its in a certain phase of the ~compliance and theres different levels ,and those are the current requirements required NOW ,once in effect and its common place the requirements become stifffer until the eventual outlawing takes place becuase they are terribly dangerous to wildlife and the ozone also grossly intolerant of your neighbor and will surely cause his whole family and dog to die of cancer ..they always seem innocent enough at first to keep the complaints and backlash down ..the real question is when will enough be enough ?:dizzy:what will phase 4 and 5 be in 2 or 3 years

Last edited:
Hey Slick, sorry for the confusion , Iv'e talked to both of you I guess and got it mixed up , if you want directions let me know .

These regulations are ridiculous !! I can't help but think the oil companies are at the root of it all .

It is my understanding that this is NOT yet law, but is in fact proposed. No matter it plain *****. I fully understand that there are places where OWB's just should not be. I cannot say that I disagree with the banning of burning garbage and items such as treated wood. But the 500 ft rule for stoves and chimney heights in regards to stoves installed prior to this ruling is just unacceptable, about like buying a car that is legal for sale then passing new laws and dictating that you have to make your old car meet the new standards.

I will have to check Benscoters in Hunlock Creek for bar oil, I drive past him 3 days a week. I saw the husky sign on his building but did not realize he sold saws, just thought he did the lawn tractors. He also has a poulan pro sign up.

Last edited:
How close are they to becoming laws ?????

Unsure, but I did get a bunch of signatures on letters to DEP and my state rep regarding this. I will be checking with her shortly and would suggest everyone do the same. If we do not let the legislators know our feelings this will slide right through.

For all of those that heat with an inside stove instead of an OWB, you need to join our fight, because you will be next. These type of people never stop, they just pick you apart one piece at a time.

Last edited:
If they are high emission, yes.

So it does not matter to you that many people spent thousands of dollars to install these stoves that there was no regulation on, even people that made a purchase like weeks ago...they should just roll over and flush the money they spent down the drain.

Now if the govt wants to buy me a new stove because they changed the rules mid game MAYBE I could accept it, but not like this.

So what is next for you, can I drive my classic car? How about older tractors and lawn mowers? Are you going to throw your non epa saws away? Where does it end for you?

I'm with Storm....they don't ban older cars when they come up with ways to make car emmision cleaner. What's worse, millions of cars driving around with old pollution controls burning oil/gas/diesel or people burning wood? I'm all for saying you can't burn trash, I agree with putting something on the books that can be enforced so if someone is burning trash etc and a zoning guy catches them they get fined or something but come on...I could burn perfectly seasoned wood with a 20+ ft stack and be over 400 feet from a neighbor and not be legal if this crap is passed.....

I've little to no concern about people who believe they have the right to heat using high emission wood burning devices and using wood heat as a stepping off point to rant on the evils of the EPA.

Stop fouling the air and giving wood heat a bad name!

These stoves were legal when purchased. If they want pass a law that states they have to meet a certain emission standard from now on, so be it. But I have NO tolerance for attitudes like you have displayed to regulate prior purchases and installations that were LEGAL when installed.

Or are you just trolling...

I agree with you Slick. Those whose only source of heat is wood are they to be forced to be compliant with the epa when they change the rules mid-game? I do not make alot of money and to go out and buy a compliant wood furnace at this point in time would almost put me in the poor house. They have no right to pass this kind of legislation especially now that global climate change has been proven a massive money grubbing hoax. But I don't want to hijack this thread. Sorry. Anyway the govt. cant even control underbrush in our national forests which causes massive fires and tons of so called greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. and they're going to ban non-compliant stoves? How many wood stove or fireplace chimneys or owb stacks would it take to put the same pollutants (so called) into the atmosphere as one 10,000 acre forest fire? Give me a break TreeCo. All the chimneys in this country blowing smoke is miniscule in comparison and the earth just keeps plugging along merrily on its own way as God intended.

Back