Episan piston deck height issue (Stihl 064)....What do you think??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jockeydeuce

jockeydeuce

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Funny thing is, I found that seller...I think you mean "Onlinepartsandmore", and they have sold 26 of those 064 cylinder kits and they only have one Neg (Ever) from a completely unrelated part.

I wonder if it's just an incorrect deck height on that piston you got.....Have you still got your old piston to compare??:msp_confused:

hotshot

hotshot

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Yes I know this is an old thread, but it is about improper Episan deck heights and to
provide "heads up" information!

Here's two pics taken yesterday of a Northwoods Saw supplied Episan #1166 "Stihl 056" 52mm windowed style piston
on the bottom, and the Stihl OEM Mahle piston on the top, sharing the same connecting 13mm wrist pin. This is probably a
mislabeled 064, as the deck height is .045" taller (would not turn past TDC)...but the wrist pin hole is 13mm.
Might make a good pop up piston, but the skirt on the Episan is way short too, compared to the OEM Mahle. I thought
that 064 had 12mm WP, these are both 13mm. S056 & the Episan are 1.5mm rings, not the 064 1.2mm.

Episan 2 photo.JPG

Episan photo.JPG

The wrist pin in the kit was a 12mm and thus 1mm too small to fit...confusing at best. Apparently Northwoods
isn't inspecting the kits they sell. It's going back to Sal for a refund.

Latest posts