What do you think caused this damage? (PISTON PIC)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just FYI:

To the consternation of my wife I talked her into letting me take a compact mirror of hers and break it into shards so I can stick a small piece down in the crankcase and examine the big end bearing (where rod meets crank) - it is completely intact - my relationship with my wife, that is. Oh yea, and so is the crank bearing. Which leaves me scratching my head... but oh well... back together she goes.

I think you're making the right call. If it comes apart totally at some point in the future, get a powerhead from ebay and swap it in, or break it down for parts. Appreciate you posting the thread, I've learned a lot following it.

I'll second that, this has been a very informative thread. Way to stick with it and really appreciate the photos!

I'm glad this thread has been useful to others as well as myself. This experience, and thanks to the much appreciated input of others, has taught me volumes.

Latest posts

Back