Equipment Forum Post: Vermeer SC40TX hydraulic filter change...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mango gutierrez

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need to change the hydraulic filter on my Vermeer SC40TX stump grinder. I have a filter and a wrench, but it seems awfully tight in the filter area. Has anyone ever changed the hydraulic filter on this machine? Thanks, m.g.

I need to change the hydraulic filter on my Vermeer SC40TX stump grinder. I have a filter and a wrench, but it seems awfully tight in the filter area. Has anyone ever changed the hydraulic filter on this machine? Thanks, m.g.
Thanks, 74inchshovel, for replying. I did finally manage to change out this large filter after spinning it off, siphoning off its almost quart of fluid, disconnecting its hoses, unbolting and removing the filter housing, AND finally muscling out the filter. All because the filter housing mount was one inch lower than Vermeer should have mounted it. This design flaw is one of a number that Vermeer built into this machine which I reported here in the past. I made it a much better machine with my modifications. mg

Latest posts

Back