Estwing Fireside Friend Splitting Tool...A++

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorlivin247

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A friend of mine has one of these that I have used at deer camp...All that I can say is I am so very happy my wife got me one for Christmas...No more hitting myself in the bag w/ the maul handle...I think this is one of the best tools I have used for splitting kindling by hand...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Too bad they quit making it with polished head/shaft and stacked leather handle.

I would have liked to have had one like that, but it truly is about functionality and this thing just works...And this one I can leave on the porch and not worry about the handle...LOL

Too bad they quit making it with polished head/shaft and stacked leather handle.

I like the looks of stacked leather, but it's really hard to beat the functionality of those Estwing synthetic handles.

Outdoor, that's a sweet looking tool! Didn't know they made that. I think I need one! :cheers:

hi outdoorliving,

nice looking tool. thanks for sharing. have not seen these before. where did this get purchased?

thanks,
pat.

hi outdoorliving,

nice looking tool. thanks for sharing. have not seen these before. where did this get purchased?

thanks,
pat.

My wife got it at Farm and Fleet, but I think Sears also has them...

Looks great, thanks for the head's up!

Should work perfect for those occasional pieces too large for the firebox. And that maul end should come in handy too.

Blessings in Yeshua

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to put that on my list, should be a good pairing with my Estwing stacked leather hatchet. I'm really starting to like their products.

:cheers:

thanks for the info.

i know what it's like swinging that hatchet four times too many. i'm just gonna hafta get me one!

pat.

I had one years ago but it disappeared.....:( No idea where it went, I'd like to have another one but I only start the fire once a year..........

I did not see those when I bought my Fiskars ,

snow2008073.jpg

I need one for my collection :D

Last edited:
I bought one last Fall - use it to skinny up the wide pieces of slab-wood that we get from a Menonite log processor. $30 per full cord +. Sit on a wheeled shop stool, split once or twice, toss into the wood box in the garage. Wife is happy with the more manageable pieces, I'm happy 'cuz she's happy.

Nice tool.

Steve

How did you do that, I never have, maybe I am doing something wrong, lol.

Allow me to demonstrate.

Select one split from the pile that you want to reduce in size
for kindling and place in front of you on flat even surface.
attachment.php

Select your regular long handled 6lb maul and choke up on the handle because you don't
need a full swing on this split, placing the long unused end between your legs.
attachment.php

Now chop down at the split in a sharp quick manner (not realizing that as you chop down, the other comes up)
attachment.php

Lay on the frozen ground, holding your bag, for 5 minutes. Be careful not
to get your face in the puke that was your breakfast.
attachment.php

I will not demonstrate this technique again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back