Etsy splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcjones

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone tried this?
il_340x270.1721793993_dr4a.jpg

That's a dinky saw to put something like that on.....has to be a fake pic.

I remember using something similar in the 70's. I was a young teen. My father brought it home one day because we had a lot of wood to split. Had to jack up the drivers side rear wheel of the AMC Hornet 4 door sedan and remove it to bolt this giant screw on. Then increase the idle speed and put it in gear. Then thrust the wood onto the screw being sure to get it on the end so it would brace itself on the ground. A stupidly dangerous contraption that actually worked. We split up a whole pile of wood that day. Good times

I remember using something similar in the 70's. I was a young teen. My father brought it home one day because we had a lot of wood to split. Had to jack up the drivers side rear wheel of the AMC Hornet 4 door sedan and remove it to bolt this giant screw on. Then increase the idle speed and put it in gear. Then thrust the wood onto the screw being sure to get it on the end so it would brace itself on the ground. A stupidly dangerous contraption that actually worked. We split up a whole pile of wood that day. Good times
Was my wife up there???

LOL! LOL! Some of you guys sure have twisted minds ,but it is all in good fun.

I remember those wood screw splitters also. You could mount them on a truck or car or even a tractor with a 3 point hitch. Dangerous as all get out but they worked and people bought them. Back in the late 70;s and early 80's when burning wood was the all the rage because of high energy costs and lay offs in the manufacturing industry all kinds of ideas and gadgets hit the market to split wood. This was one of those crazy ideas.

Back then old beater pick-up trucks had a value if it had a box and were sold as wood haulers to beat around in the woods.

Latest posts

Back