Evaluating the HJ A1 60D Race Chain Building Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
I put together my HJ Super XL #8 Racing Chain Building Kit and here's the video. It's right off the grinder and think I may have a couple of uneven rakers when I took a bit off, however the chain is new and I can catch up with them as I grind them back.
Anyway, I am very impressed with not only myself, but with HJ.
Note the rough cut, due to my rakers. The saw is a 357 by Dan and the wood is an 11" Basswood.
John

From the looks of the end of the block John, you got a few stump grinder teeth bolted on there too! You got to get them all singing from the same hymn book. Nice switchover!

Frank

gyppo, are you going to be the exclusive Canadian distributor. Is there a stage 1, 2, 3 etc. This must rank with sliced bread; everyone is waiting for more information but they are too shy to ask.

Frank

Hi Rollie,
No, I got all the cutters just right, but I think my rakers are out a bit, cause I took them down with the 511. I will perfect it as I grind up.
My ole timer woodlot owner and timber finder asked me to buck up a 28"dia. hard maple but log into firewood that the hyro took down off his front lawn. Anyway, all I had for saw in my truck was the 357 that Dan built with the HJ- A1- 60D.
Well the thin kerf chain literally galloped thru the wood and the cuts were very true and met.
A bit reluctant at first, because there may have been hardware, but things went well and it was a good workout for the chain and the saw.
Anywho, now that I am semi retired, I pumped out my "one tree" a day quota in 3 days for the month of May.
Now Were Loggin'.
John

Back