Ever seen this ORCHARD LADDER ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Reaction score
While browsing images on Flickr, I noticed a photo of some people pruning, using orchard ladders like I've never seen before.

If this image URL stays intact, it should be here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yancunyong/2557695493/

They almost have a "wire-frame" appearance.

First time I've ever seen orchard ladders used scaffold style too.

Anyone in the USA sell these?

Those are neat. Don't look like they are from here though. Almost looks like somewhere in europe from the pic.( it just has the europe feel)

Looks nice...but at 3-5 times the price of a Tallman, I think I'd pass.....

I've used them scafforld style for hedge work.

I thought I had seen something like these before but I do not recall where.

In anycase they are best described as a Japanese tripod ladder.

Japanese tripod ladders

Thanks for the link.

Did you guys see the chain on the leg?

I did that to my orchard ladder, and the previous one too, using a 1/16" piece of aircraft cable with clips on both ends. It's to keep the leg from sliding out in muddy areas or slight slopes.

But these "Japanese Tripod" Ladders apparently have it figured out to install them out of the factory that way.

Makes me wonder if there is more to the design that's more advanced than Tallman.

Last edited:
I got a 15 footer, and i love it!

You mean one of the Japanese Tripod Ladders - yes?

How do the rungs feel on your feet? They look different from anything I've seen, but I'm suspecting they would have made a good design.

Any idea on a way to get one for less than say $700 dollars?

:confused:

You mean one of the Japanese Tripod Ladders - yes?

How do the rungs feel on your feet? They look different from anything I've seen, but I'm suspecting they would have made a good design.

Any idea on a way to get one for less than say $700 dollars?

:confused:

No i meant one built in california, $450 to my door in texas. But its solid! feels so good!

i've never seen it but the chain that holds the bar, wouldn;t that chain be a pain in the butt.

Back