Everything went great until !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had changed my rim sprocket from a 7 tooth to a 8 tooth to cut firewood up to 6 inches in dia.,the difference between the 7 to the 8 was significantly faster, i was real happy with the job, it was going really well, I was just sawing away minding my own business when I hit that spike.

The thing f&*$#@? ruined a freshly sharpened chain.

:cry:

I put a 12 gauge to the SOB ! :laugh:

I feel so good now ! :cool:

Sometimes taking your frustrations out on

an inanimate object is the best thing to do. Better than kicking the dog (of course my lab weighs 90 lbs). Hope you had a back-up chain!

Chris J.

I find it good, sometimes when nothing goes right, to drop everything, find a cozy corner, and have a break. I am in to coffee in a big way, but others might enjoy pine tea or a diet soda. What ever does the trick.
After a while things tend to get better, it might take a hole thermos, but it will.

Mange said:
I find it good, sometimes when nothing goes right, to drop everything, find a cozy corner, and have a break. I am in to coffee in a big way, but others might enjoy pine tea or a diet soda. What ever does the trick.
After a while things tend to get better, it might take a hole thermos, but it will.

A 12 gauge shotgun does it for me ! :)

That's the truth, Harry. There is only one solution to keep that new chain off the metal. As long as you're gonna use a blade on it somewhere that costs more than the chain, the chain will miss it and the more$$$$ blade will find it. That's right outa the Murphy handbook ;)

Back