Expensive Fire Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam.coots

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Post pictures of your "expensive" fire wood. We all have some. That tree that didn't cooperate. That tractor with loader for farm stuff (just moving firewood around). That 880 magnum cutting a 4" branch.

Here is mine. Miscalculation when turning downed log. I won in the end!

IMG_0736.JPGIMG_0738.JPGIMG_0740.JPG

...oooppps.....

Hmmm.. no pics, toasted two saws running lean before. Well, one was lean from the box, I was not hip to pulling limiters, pushing it hard on the 9th tank, the other, a 55 rancher, the muffler rattled loose and I didn't know it until I felt the heat through my glove. Turned it off, it would never restart, found the loose muffler, took it off, toasted.

That craftsman needs put down. My brother in law won't change till it dies. I'll just keep trying to hit it with a tree.

Lol. I imagine they're hard to hit if you're trying. Maybe paint it orange and white? That seems to attract trees.

Think a full wrap bar for your tailgate would help?

don't have the pic but still nervous when the electric bill comes in. I cut a tree that I had tied to the truck with the winch cable thinking I can pull this away from the shed and the power line. well it had rained and I forgot to lock in the hubs and when I cut it while standing on a ladder I see the tree start falling and thinking well the cables tight its ok! wrong, I see the cable pulling and then see the truck sliding. so I'm powerless all I can do is drop the saw, lean back and watch the carnage. well the tree falls onto the power line and pulls it down then I see the line tightening going to the transformer. well it was the best light show when the transformer blew and killed the power to the neighborhood! the lineman told me to go in out of the rain they'll take care of it, so I told him stupid should hurt and I stood there for 2 hours. when they were leaving they asked if I learned anything and I said yes. for the next week I couldn't get off the couch, my back and legs were killing me from the standing. so ive confessed, may I please be absolved of my stupid act?

don't have the pic but still nervous when the electric bill comes in. I cut a tree that I had tied to the truck with the winch cable thinking I can pull this away from the shed and the power line. well it had rained and I forgot to lock in the hubs and when I cut it while standing on a ladder I see the tree start falling and thinking well the cables tight its ok! wrong, I see the cable pulling and then see the truck sliding. so I'm powerless all I can do is drop the saw, lean back and watch the carnage. well the tree falls onto the power line and pulls it down then I see the line tightening going to the transformer. well it was the best light show when the transformer blew and killed the power to the neighborhood! the lineman told me to go in out of the rain they'll take care of it, so I told him stupid should hurt and I stood there for 2 hours. when they were leaving they asked if I learned anything and I said yes. for the next week I couldn't get off the couch, my back and legs were killing me from the standing. so ive confessed, may I please be absolved of my stupid act?

That story would be perfect with a picture. It made me smile.

No.

Since you have Linus as a avatar I will consider it...

;)

Wish I had pics for this thread... don't often take photos of my screwups. :)

But I can share a few pricey and time-consuming goof-ups. Blew out the tires on a brand-new dump cart a couple years ago. It was my own fault, I overloaded it. Had to stop work and drive to TSC for replacement tires. The trip alone cost over an hour of work time. Was close to another hour mounting the new tires and getting them to inflate.

Back in the '90s I dropped not one but both bar nuts in the woods while replacing a chain loop. I searched for 15 minutes or so, couldn't find either, even with a magnet. Had no spares (at the time) and nowhere local to get any. Half a day's work shot all to hell for lack of two little bar nuts.

Squashed an old shed at the edge of the property when I mis-aimed a fall. The shed wasn't much to look at but it had a good roof and was where we kept the gas grill and little tractor. The grill was FUBAR, just smashed flat. If the tractor hadn't been in the woods with me that day I'd have lost it, too.

Misjudged the height of one fall, this was back when I was starting out. Wanted to drop the tree toward my truck so I wouldn't have to drag the brush far. The very tippy-top branches of the tree hit the truck windshield and broke it.

Tomorrow's another day. ;)

I don't take photos of my screw ups . Usually try to clean it up fast so nobody sees it. But I can tell you never load a 8 k skid steer on a trailer even on the slightest grade. Crushed the box on my truck, the front grill bumper and rf fender . Rr tire and wheel. And bent the trailer frame . I can't believe I didn't soil my pants . To make it worse my brother even said let's just load it a half mile down the road where it's flat and my stupid ass said no it will be fine . Famous last words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess what happens when you drive a 9,000lb foreklift off a tiltbed trailer and someone didn't pull the lock pin clear out. Luckily nothing broke and it just picked the back of the pickup about two feet in the air.

Guess what happens when you drive a 9,000lb foreklift off a tiltbed trailer and someone didn't pull the lock pin clear out. Luckily nothing broke and it just picked the back of the pickup about two feet in the air.
When I did that the darned truck rolled away on me

I work for a large car hauling company. I have seen some very interesting...things: convertaible surbans, split roof f150s, coveritable rag top mustngs ( not meant to be backed on car hauler and driven at 75+ mph),all kinds of good things Ferraris, Bugattais, Audis, destroyed from stupid employees.

I also don't take pics of my screw-ups but if I did the file would be huge!

With that said I can tell you what the utility company charges to hang a new transformer on a Sunday morning ...

I also don't take pics of my screw-ups but if I did the file would be huge!

With that said I can tell you what the utility company charges to hang a new transformer on a Sunday morning ...
I would need a 10000000000000 Tara bite drive if I had photos from my teens when I new everything

I had a buddy ( by buddy not me for once ) go out side on New Years and fire one shot from a 9mm in the air . Yup you guessed it hit the transformer . Shut down about 50 houses and it was cold that year

Latest posts

Back