Exposed tattoos and employment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I am a doctor, I am The Dan. I got banned because I purposely got into a fight with a moderator. Guess what? I won! But I have to admit the whole thing was full of **** and so am I... sometimes.

You, on the other hand, have Nazi symbolisms emblazoned into your flesh and it takes a mindset to do that so I have to ask: Are you full of ****?

I do believe it is true that the way we cherish these really crazy and worthless notions we all have will lead us to despair. It is very very hard to put these notions down much less recognize them. To be honest: they sound good! They make sense! But its not really so. Don't be fooled. You are not a Nazi but if you keep on this route you will be and you will die as one. DO NOT BE FOOLED!

Trust me, I have been fooled in my life. We all have and will be fooled again and again. Its Ok, you can learn to recognize it and choose not to partake. You win some, you loose some Either way its still a lot of work I won't lie and you are gonna get dirty but at least you will die clean without being suckered into joining some crazy ass scheme that tells you kill all the Jewish people.

Ok, the good doctor is going to bed now. I'll send you the bill in the morning.
Yes you did win, well sort of. You are back because we missed you and a lot of people asked the mods for your return. ( i missed you also) If it was not for that you would not be here. Was it not you that was counting his bullets to make sure he had enough to kill his neighbors. I would like to add i have never been in jail,never had handcuffs put on me although i have put them on others. With this picking over tattoos has anyone looked around at all the cops with them. I knew several with full sleeves on both arms, i mean no room for any more. They were allowed to wear short sleeves at work. I knew a Boston detective that had his wife's name on his neck. The department had no problem with it because he was hired based on the testing and his background. You would never known that guy was a cop. It worked good. Thanks for the help though, i do feel so much better. Glad i was help full in giving everyone more to talk about in this thread, I will not comment any more in this thread as i don't want to get anyone upset, Mr Sgreanbeans has laid down the law and i intend to follow it. ( i know he is still mad at me for not wearing a helmet in my pictures) I will leave you with this- Have a Wonderful Day, You have a Wonderful day for it

Last edited:
Anywho LOL after that awkward moment I am gonna double post all day and night so hopefully the mods will be too busy dealing with my nonsense to focus anywhere else !

I'm sure that would go over REAL SMOOTH with my Jewish clients and German clients that hated the Nazis and what the group did to a proud country.

Even better is now some newbies are deciding we should lay off. The site started by asking if tats are a problem when hiring. To answer, yes, they can be and this is a perfect example.

I don't even know you but I bet I could pick you out in a crowded bar.

I'm sure your mouth got you in that predickamint enuff said!
Not at all just because you suffer from the I can't control my big mouth syndrome dosent mean I do cause I'm sure u speak from experience

I am getting in to this post late, but to get it back on subject... I see nothing wrong with visible tats as long as the content is not offensive. This is not the 1950's anymore they are common place and accepted. I have tats on my hand and forearm and as most of you know my day job is in a different world, which puts me in meetings with academics and politicians on a weekly bases and no one bats an eye at them.

With that said if I had a spider web or rebel flag on my arm there may be an issue (working in the liberal north)

You (any potential employee) want me to sign your paycheque? Then you better represent my company to MY standards. It has soaked up a lotta my blood, sweat, tears, time, and tons of stress to get to where it is. It is MINE, not yours. You are a nobody; a potential ant on my anthill, a bee in my hive. Whether I decide to give you the opportunity to fetch me nectar is gonna depend on a lot of things.
Your tattoos matter, and I don't care if you think otherwise.
So does your body language, your clothing, your resume and references (I will check them), your verbal interaction with me, co-workers and clients.
Also don't care if you can swing from vines like Tarzan, or have a hard luck sob story, incl. time in prison.
8 pages of tattoo discussion on a commercial tree care and climbing forum... Bizarre. Lotsa threads that actually relate to "commercial tree care and climbing" never get off the ground. Go figure. This is ARBORISTSITE!

Not at all just because you suffer from the I can't control my big mouth syndrome dosent mean I do cause I'm sure u speak from experience
Well we all know anyone who has been unfortunate enough to do prison time is the victim and not the crime. You are who you surround yourself with.

9 pages of this is a bit silly and I started the thread! So what I gather is that it depends some people hate them and others don't give a damn as long as its not offensive.
ugunyrej.jpg

And here's my one exposed tattoo that started all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 pages of this is a bit silly and I started the thread! So what I gather is that it depends some people hate them and others don't give a damn as long as its not offensive.
ugunyrej.jpg

let me guess your a firefighter who likes beer and climbing palm trees?

Close! I'm rather old school for a 20 year old and hold traditions close and it's a pine cone but I do enjoy beer. Oh and I guess I kind of like doing tree work.

Close! I'm rather old school for a 20 year old and hold traditions close and it's a pine cone but I do enjoy beer. Oh and I guess I kind of like doing tree work.

Haha.. I thought you were testing the waters for a second, on the small screen it looked like another German emblem for a second. Nice ink bud, I like the idea.. Your pretty brave to even post your ink after that fiasco.. Really though, cool piece.. I don't think I've ever seen pine cones in a tat. Looks fresh bud!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you! That's my favorite of my many tattoos

There's more than likely a "pro's and cons of the third reich" thread somewhere on the political forum right now if anybody is interested. I'm glad we can mostly all agree that Nazi Germany is not supercool

There's more than likely a "pro's and cons of the third reich" thread somewhere on the political forum right now if anybody is interested. I'm glad we can mostly all agree that Nazi Germany is not supercool

Hahaha.. "Pros & Con's of the third Reich" You just sounded like my 9th grade history teacher.. I think she spent the entire year on it... Just minus the "Pros".. Poor lady, she had the funniest waddle..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ugunyrej.jpg

Stuff like that, I would be fine with. Not that I am the deciding factor for anything other than my own. Other guys may have higher standards, and thats fine. Like P said above. When it is your show, you make the rules.

I was gonna get one in 1980 in Hong Kong,(westpac), I didn't go thru with it, probably because I would of been busted because I was in the Navy, never wanted one since. Not a big deal to me, unless it is really offensive or something. Probably not a good idea for sales guy tho.
Jeff

I don't have a problem with them, unless they're offensive to me or others. The SS, wouldn't make it.
I don't have any ink. That's my choice, just as expressing oneself as a canvas is someone's else.
I have to agree with Pelorus that it's my show, my rules. I guess I prefer tattoos that can be covered up. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate a good artistic tattoo, just not on someone's face. Not really fond of them on the neck or hands either.
My customers hire me to get their job done. If the person who helps me get that done has a non-offensive sleeve that accidentally shows under their shirt while they're dragging brush, I have to think that any negative thoughts a customer has, is quickly forgotten by the professional manner in which we conduct ourselves.

You (any potential employee) want me to sign your paycheque? Then you better represent my company to MY standards. It has soaked up a lotta my blood, sweat, tears, time, and tons of stress to get to where it is. It is MINE, not yours. You are a nobody; a potential ant on my anthill, a bee in my hive. Whether I decide to give you the opportunity to fetch me nectar is gonna depend on a lot of things.
Your tattoos matter, and I don't care if you think otherwise.
So does your body language, your clothing, your resume and references (I will check them), your verbal interaction with me, co-workers and clients.
Also don't care if you can swing from vines like Tarzan, or have a hard luck sob story, incl. time in prison.
8 pages of tattoo discussion on a commercial tree care and climbing forum... Bizarre. Lotsa threads that actually relate to "commercial tree care and climbing" never get off the ground. Go figure. This is ARBORISTSITE!
"A bee in my hive, fetch me nectar, you are nobody" -pelorus. geez you sound like such a massive dbag. whatever you guys pay 12-15 hr and expect doogie howser. Throw him a longsleeve and ****.

"A bee in my hive, fetch me nectar, you are nobody" -pelorus. geez you sound like such a massive dbag. whatever you guys pay 12-15 hr and expect doogie howser. Throw him a longsleeve and ****.

Haha. Last groundie I had got paid $20/hr and usually made more cause it always got rounded up. Plus a lot of extra perks, but yet...he had a massive attitude issue (attributable to alcoholism and failed relationships) that he frequently brought to work and it just got to be a bit much. Won't let that happen again with anyone working with me.
I think the OP's tats look fine and no big deal. Even gave him a "like" for his post, for whatever measure of goodwill that constitutes!

Back