Extra water storage.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top Load Boiler man

Reaction score
I just installed a Top load log boiler TL 400. I am replacing a NCB250. I currently heat 1 house with the NCB 250 and would like to heat a 2nd house now with the TL 400. The distance to the 2nd house is 350 feet (700) complete loop. The total head is low with only a 3 foot grade elevation plus a couple elbows/ ect. Instead of selling my old boiler I was thinking about putting it half the distance of second house (Hot Water storage) and heat that 250 gallons of water from the tl 400 and then pump from the 2nd boiler to the second house. Extra 250 gallons of heated water besides the Tl 400 of 280 gallons. Shorter distance to push water with a pump on 2nd boiler. Any thoughts or suggestions on being a good or bad idea. Thanks in advance for input. Jerry

Top Load Boiler Man. Welcome to the forum. I like using storage. I have a Garn that holds 2,000 gallons and other tank that holds 3,000 both are spray foamed and in spray foamed building inside a pole building to cut down on the heat loss. I would worry about the heat loss of trying to use a old boiler setting in my yard. Pumping the water 700 ft on the loop won't be a problem just make sure your using good quality line so you don't have heat loss. I have four lines in the ground spray foamed insulated that are 900 ft loops and have no problem pushing the glycol.

Latest posts

Back