Extreme leaner. How would you drop it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone in here ever put a wedge in the cut to keep from pinching on leaner ? Or is that not manly ?
Actually yes I did on this tree at the top of my bore cut. But after I had already pinched my bar on the other side. Lol

man, i figured they had 20 years production by how they talk? the reason is talk, tiny wood, flat land, big wood, steep land. there's a difference. although i'm sitting here saying they can have all that flat land, pulp wood, piece work BS and there sitting there saying we can have all that steep slope, big rotten ugly deadly wood BS. 2 different types of work. i'm sure me working there would open my eyes and them working here would open their eyes. bottom line? we are all just a bunch of ****'n culls! LOL bitzers just top of the line cull is all. i think golickit might even be more cull then bitzer even LOL

Coos coos c'choo, Gyppo Logger son, Jebus lwuvs you more than you will know.

Its too bad you guys don't actually make a living cutting production wood. I'm sure there is a learning curve to anywhere new. I bet I'd handle it just fine. If the place I lived in required me to pass all kinds of certs I'd pony up the dough and dam sure would be on some hillside clippn em off instead of talking about it. I sure as hell woudn't leave 1000 acres of veneer timber behind to live in small tree land either. Everything is suspect in my book. I'm sure you'll both have some witty comeback. As usual you didn't contribute **** tho. Haters guna hate right? Weird little bastards.

I put a small face in and only bored about halfway through and then got pinched opposite side of camera trying to gust take the side out like a coos bay. I tried to just use the nose and guess I got in deep enough to pinch. Did a cut just above it with second saw then cut into the back about an inch and it released the bar. Then I finished the back cut and she went down a lot slower then expected. Started a small chair but was stopped as soon as it got into where I bored. Slick as a whistle other then pinching the nose of my bar. But I knew that was possible going into it. The compression wood was just higher then I thought. But hay it worked out great and I am sure many people will Lear a lot from this thread.

I did not try to bore from the fave just because I had so little room I could not get the saw between the face and rhetoric ground.

The saw pinched cuz you cut the same wood twice. Like you said you went too far in. Was the tree pinching your saw when you put tha face in? Usually I cut until it starts to get tight then I finish my face. My goal is always to get the tree free from the stump in these situations cuz you can end up with another dilema when its not. Like where to buck the tree so it doesn't crush you. I'm glad it stayed mostly together for you.

Its too bad you guys don't actually make a living cutting production wood. I'm sure there is a learning curve to anywhere new. I bet I'd handle it just fine. If the place I lived in required me to pass all kinds of certs I'd pony up the dough and dam sure would be on some hillside clippn em off instead of talking about it. I sure as hell woudn't leave 1000 acres of veneer timber behind to live in small tree land either. Everything is suspect in my book. I'm sure you'll both have some witty comeback. As usual you didn't contribute **** tho. Haters guna hate right? Weird little bastards.
Don't join their mini-NAMBLA convention Bitz!

Don't join their mini-NAMBLA convention Bitz!
Ha! Had to look that one up. No I'm one and done on this one. Threads over anyway. Tree is down. Typical of their style. Gypo has a bunch on non-sensical crap to say through-out the thread and coaster shows up when its over to talk about trees he never cut. Then they call me and Bob culls for a while. Classic. I'm surprised Oly hasn't shown up yet to just talk **** and contribute nothing. Pretty sure all these guys just need to get laid.

The saw pinched cuz you cut the same wood twice. Like you said you went too far in. Was the tree pinching your saw when you put tha face in? Usually I cut until it starts to get tight then I finish my face. My goal is always to get the tree free from the stump in these situations cuz you can end up with another dilema when its not. Like where to buck the tree so it doesn't crush you. I'm glad it stayed mostly together for you.
It did not pinch on the face cut I got about 2 in deep and thought it felt like it was getting tight. It is a new saw so still learning the feel of her. To drop the the log off the stump I used a dove tail cut. It works pretty good in those situations.
It consists of a cut on top and bottom reading the cut to see where the pressure is and an off side bore cut.
Some times I just bore in from almost the top all the way through leaving a trigger then just cut the trigger from the top. Works pretty good for me as well.

Hahahaha bitz. Just razzing you. We have something in common and that's work that we enjoy. I'll have you know to I'm qualified with the council and will be certified very soon. I have a 6 month period though. Also, I don't talk about tree's I haven't cut just so you know. Your an eastern flat lander. You have skills at walking flat land slap' cuts in to tree's. Imagine all the hazards and chain reactions you have to deal with. Now imagine those hazards and chain reactions with wood as big as what you cut in a whole morning but all in one stem. All that said, I have no doubt that you would be able to handle it............ After you were retrained. LOL no hard feelings guy. Saw the opportunity to troll you last night and that was it. Wife answering the door giving out candy so had to find something to do. ;) if you wanna try the coast work that's cool but get used to a troll. The ol'boys will eat you alive in camp if they sense any kind of weakness.

Pay no attention to those culls, they are a dime a dozen. Couldn't get out of their own way. Nothing worse than a lumberjack complex.
Now this thread is over, what's a lumberjack complex please? Small minds want to know.

I see no way to "bore the heart..." without standing right under the leaner. That is one place I will not stand.

Harry K

I know it can be done because the pros talk about it regularly. I don't have the confidence in reading the feel or the stability of the stem. At this point I would liken it to sticking my hand in a trap with a hair trigger. LOL. No doubt bitzer and others find it to be a reliable procedure.

Latest posts

Back