Eye spliced rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tackle.... your link is bad, just copy the pic from sherril and insert into your post so we know what your talking about.

So many knots but have been practicing these: Figure 8, Overhand (DBL), prussic, blakes, bowline ( running, on a bite). I already have the tree climber companion. I am wondering which endline knot is best when attaching to saddle via biner? bow line, fig 8, buntline. I like the 8 but it is bulky. also i am 285 lbs and big makes me feel comfy.

ok, so i tie an end line knot, can i leave enough tail and tie a blakes to the standing part? or do i use another piece of rope and biner to make friction hitch?

TreeCo said:
Sure. Leave 3 or 4 feet. A lot of people use two half hitches on the biner in the traditional climbing system you are describing.

I don't know any climbers near west palm beach but I'm sure there are quite a few.
Well i am wondering how one rope climbs a palm tree, no crothes. Can you just sling it around the head below the fronds? Or tie a running bow line sinch tight from ground and use Ekkas truck walking technique? http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=33449

Back