Fabricating Parts - One Rubber, One Aluminum - For Stihl 051/076 - Any Recommendations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm try to figure out how to reproduce two unobtanium parts for the Stihl 1111 series saws. Specifically, there are two small parts that are only used on the full-wrap bars that are virtually impossible to find.

First is the actual mount, which is part 1111 791 1907 (looks like 1906 is an alternate number), or part 37 on the attached screenshot. It's metal, presumably magnesium alloy.

The other is the sealing ring, which is rubber with an embedded metal ring (I'm not going to worry about the metal ring at this point).

I have attached a few pictures of each. The mount is slightly chewed up because of where it's mounted - if the chain comes off, these catch hell.

I'm not worried about something being correct for a restoration. I just want something that will work.

So, how would you reproduce the metal piece? I know it can be CNC carved out of aluminum, but that might be cost prohibitive. I'd like to have some to keep and some to sell. I wouldn't want to pay more than $20 each if I'm going to re-sell these at about $30 each. Is 3D printing in a composite an option?

What about the rubber piece? Seems like this can be made using a mold or on a lathe.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Scott
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 16.53.48.pngIMG_5422.jpgIMG_5423.jpgIMG_5424.jpgIMG_5425.jpgIMG_5427.jpg

So, how would you reproduce the metal piece? I know it can be CNC carved out of aluminum, but that might be cost prohibitive. I'd like to have some to keep and some to sell. I wouldn't want to pay more than $20 each if I'm going to re-sell these at about $30 each. Is 3D printing in a composite an option?
In regard to the mount (1111 791 1907) I would repair the damage and fill in the webbing then use the original to make reproductions in cast aluminium.....Though $20- wouldn't do it.

In regard to the mount (1111 791 1907) I would repair the damage and fill in the webbing then use the original to make reproductions in cast aluminium.....Though $20- wouldn't do it.

Thanks, Phil. I was thinking of cast aluminum as well. A buddy of mine is giving away his aluminum kiln, too. I may have to take it off his hands...

Sand casting would definitely work. Would just require some drilling and tapping once done.

Waiting on a quote from someone else; I suspect he will use a mill.

I also think 3D printing will work. Won't be strong as aluminum but would be a lot cheaper.

Thanks

Whatever method is used to reproduce the 1111 791 1907 mount, perhaps a batch of 1109 791 1900 mounts could also be made?

Phil - I sent the mount off to @srcarr52 to see what he could do. If price point is good, I'll get a bunch made and sell some.

On the 1109 mount, I should have a few of those laying around the garage. I can see about getting some of those made once the 1111 stuff is done.

Phil - I sent the mount off to @srcarr52 to see what he could do. If price point is good, I'll get a bunch made and sell some.

On the 1109 mount, I should have a few of those laying around the garage. I can see about getting some of those made once the 1111 stuff is done.
Hi I know a couple years old , but did the 1907 parts ever get made ? Or updates
Thx

Back