FAKE STIHL 070 CHAINSAWS - This is interesting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't anybody look at the dates on threads anymore? Seems like there is a glut of forum newbies no matter where you go these days that are dredging up ancient threads and saying "me too."

Kids these days have no forum etiquette. In my day we'd have the decency to start a new thread when we had a question. New stuff for the up-and-coming old man to complain about.
In my day we wrote letters or used a rotary dial phone..... :laugh:

if your looking for cheep priced chain saw chaeck out Alibaba wholesale their on the net
cheep prices from china

paddling.gif

Necroposters for sure.

But anyway, just buy away on those cheap Chinese clone kits, the red needs that money!

They’re still building funds to help pay for their new massive aircraft carrier project, the Fujian.8D3CCE5F-BCED-4DB1-B2E6-85568136F74F.jpeg 132D1A1F-2DF9-4E2E-88AD-ECA556DD8584.jpeg

God I am sick of seeing these knock offs in the shop. The 070 lasted 1 day for the owner. You get what you pay for.
What was their reaction when you told them it wasn’t actually covered by Stihl’s warranty??

Why 2 of them? How long have you run them? Shows they have a Walbro car. Wonder if that could possibly be authentic? It’s not like they are trying to pretend their saw isn’t a clone..so just curious if the carb is legitimate.
I think the carb is a fake but they tune very well.

I have two because the first one had a base gasket fall apart causing an air leak. They sent me a complete replacement because they thought it was a catastrophic failure as I couldn’t figure out what was causing the leak right off the bat. They didn’t want me to send it back and I was fine with that since I considered it a parts saw. I tore it apart to inspect and found the issue. A few bucks later and she was good as new with a new base gasket. This first saw opened up something fierce with much more power after about 20-25 tanks of 40:1 and I expect the second to do the same.

Stihl still makes them! (070 and the 380)
I can attest to it first hand!
From a southern Mexico dealer it is $1130(ish) for the 070 and 540 (ish) for the 380, US dollars.
They are very picky as to there export or sales.
The ones on ebay that I have seen are all fake, knock offs, copies.
If or when you buy one, notice how the box comes with the saw, the saw does not come in the box!
Shinny dogs, shinny muffler are all wrong!
Most of the parts are casted with a Stihl part # with the addition number 9 in front of those #'s. Some parts were it is difficult to add a number in castings or molds is not present in the copies. The bar is genuine Stihl, along with the chain. But that is about it.

But heck, to get a 100+ cc saw for under $450 to the door is a deal!
(That is what I paid for mine knowing it was fake.)

Sad to see some grabbing them for $450 to there door, setting up the box for a picture and claiming to be GENUINE!
You will know right away the quality of knock off saws is no where near the quality of oem sthil

Maybe im missing something but whether its 60 or 70 fake stihl 070’s, the saws would have to cost 7 grand apiece to amount to half a million dollars.
They do in that country. You are thinking is US dollars the New Guinean Kina equals $0.28US. They said real ones sell for 6000-7000 Kina. There was supposed to be 70 of them. If you take 70X7000 you get 490,000 which is close to a half a million Kina dollars. You must remember this was not in the USA.

They do in that country. You are thinking is US dollars the New Guinean Kina equals $0.28US. They said real ones sell for 6000-7000 Kina. There was supposed to be 70 of them. If you take 70X7000 you get 490,000 which is close to a half a million Kina dollars. You must remember this was not on the USA.
Thank you for clarifying that Bill, i figured i was missing something

Latest posts

Back