FAKE STIHL 070 CHAINSAWS - This is interesting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I agree with you as I am getting good value out of certain Husky 365 copies. But you have to be careful as one manufacturer will be good and the other 4 crap. Your source must have been from a good factory. The ones I've seen are nasty with a capital N and just seeing a small picture on eBay doesn't guarantee you won't get one of the bad ones. The 038 copy I got was better, starts and runs really well, but is still a bit too cheaply made.

The 038 plastic was a sad attempt as it looked like a kids toy full of lead.
Looked faded and CHEAP! Goes to show the real Stihl plastic is 10 times better.
Did not run it, but assume the same issues. Any copy or knock off is not a gas and go! The 2 070 copies I got to run were darn near gone through (carb, top end) BUT not the bottom end, for visual inspection. Keep in mind I am not like Matt or others who can really point out mechanical flaws, or have really gone through them. Matts break down of the 346 knock was a great look-over that the 070 needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah hah. Guess what? I read it the way you intended anyway and was just making a statement about their tuning methods or lack thereof :cheers:

Keep in mind Matt that your PM is my 2-3 AM, typos will happen!
Having my evening TASTE doesn't help!!!
And ya, it did read as it was! But I have NEVER expected to dump fuel and crank.

Learned my lesson the hard way! Mud wasps in a cylinder suck!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind Matt that your PM is my 2-3 AM, typos will happen!
Having my evening TASTE doesn't help!!!
And ya, it did read as it was! But I have NEVER expected to dump fuel and crank.

Learned my lesson the hard way! Mud wasps in a cylinder suck!!!!!!!!

Well get to bed then :) Ouch, mud wasps. Open exhaust port?

Believe it or not, Stihl still makes the 070 chainsaw. It is a Stihl ms 070. I just bought a new one on Ebay and I was skeptical before I bid so I did some checking. I found out that on Stihl's website under the country of Mexico, sure enough the Stihl catalog lists an ms 051, ms 070, and ms 076. They look exactly like the one I got on Ebay. you can not buy them in the US or most other countries. I have not checked all of the countries yet. I also heard there are fake saws out there that look just like the Stihl 070. Does anyone know how to spot a fake? Once I get the saw, I am going to take it apart and check the cylinder, etc.... and see if I can tell anything. Has anyone else heard about Stihl still making these saws. They must or they would not be in the catalog for Mexico. Thanks
Huztl.net sells the copy of sthil mms070

Very true, it all depends on the individual and there needs. Fake or real there is a buyer.
Tried to send rep on the good info on post#6 won't let me i'll get you another day.
if your looking for cheep priced chain saw chaeck out Alibaba wholesale their on the net
cheep prices from china

Any pictures to help a perspective buyer ?? I'm looking to buy a 90cc. Price shopping is driving me nuts.. It's use would be for less than "pro", yet I am refusing jobs cause I need a bigger saw.. Appreciate any help and donations..

Doesn't anybody look at the dates on threads anymore? Seems like there is a glut of forum newbies no matter where you go these days that are dredging up ancient threads and saying "me too."

Kids these days have no forum etiquette. In my day we'd have the decency to start a new thread when we had a question. New stuff for the up-and-coming old man to complain about.

Doesn't anybody look at the dates on threads anymore? Seems like there is a glut of forum newbies no matter where you go these days that are dredging up ancient threads and saying "me too."

Kids these days have no forum etiquette. In my day we'd have the decency to start a new thread when we had a question. New stuff for the up-and-coming old man to complain about.
Necrothread revivals can be annoying but from time to time they do offer insight into current events. Right now some people are saddled with loads of debt and maybe out of work. To buy a +90cc saw for under $500 vs the name brands at $1500+ is sometimes a good option for some.

Latest posts

Back