Fallen Trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just shipped off my old saws today and now I'm "Sawless in Seattle"...and in this weather :help:

Got to get another one soon. Drove to Stanwood to the Stihl dealer and guess what? He closed an hour early and didn't even tell me. Too bad, I could have bought something today.

Try again tomorrow. :dizzy:

Be early - the next blast of this crud is expected tomorrow pm - 6 inches followed by freezing rain. There will be plently of trees on the ground come Thursday!

Right now it's 17.9 degrees here... and dropping fast.

I live on the Central part of Camano. Not everyone has power. The south end is basically going to have to live in the dark ages for the rest of the week as far as power goes. Some residential communities are blocked off by the county due to downed power lines and treacherous road conditions.

Tons of downed trees due to the weight of the snow levering out the root balls. Lots of fun for men with trucks and saws though :biggrinbounce2:

So, did you get some snow over there in Woodinville? I'm under the impression that the whole Pudget Sound got blasted.

I'm more over by Duvall... on the ridge (410 feet) - 6 plus inches...
Bothell/woodinville was a disaster -6 hours of traffic jambs last night. We didn't get any wind.

Lakeside53 said:
I'm more over by Duvall... on the ridge (410 feet) - 6 plus inches...
Bothell/woodinville was a disaster -6 hours of traffic jambs last night. We didn't get any wind.

Wow, and my brother didn't even call me. He used to live in Bothell, but now lives in Lynnwood area. That's what growing up in Minnesota does to you I guess. We are supposed to get nasty on Thursday though. Was 65 here today though...niiiice.

Mark

Here it's supposed to hit about 78 today... :cheers:

If we got your kind of snow and ice and temps we'd probably have 100 percent of our trees on the ground! :dizzy:

Computeruser makes a good point. Plenty o' 026/260 saws can be bought used for $250 or less and that is a good value. But for a new one at $480 I'd spring the extra for a 361... which is what I did and picked up a used 025 later on the cheap.

For the price of a new 260pro you could probably get a Husky 359 and move up a bracket in power.

I still chose the 361 for several reasons, dealer being a big one.

Chaser

computeruser said:
$470 and $580, give or take a few bucks.

EDIT:

026Pro.jpg

WHat happened to the muffler?, looks like 00buckshot?:cheers:

THose 361's feel pretty good.

Using some of that wood I cut all summer today...storm here, dropped 14" snow, couple feet in the San Juans. 18 deg. F. at present but supposed to drop to minus 20 tonight. Will stuff the wood stoves before bed. Probably some power out somewhere, I don't know as we're solar electric and the sun has to go supernova before we black out. Spent a couple hours on the Kubota, plowing the road and now it's snowing again. But then I like operating the tractor as much as the Stihl.

Our phone lines have been out all day. I did take a look and the 260 pro today. He didn't have 361 there but I'm sure he could get it. They had some 390s, 310s and some smaller ones.

Starting to snow here again. Gonna get dumped on tonight. What we get, the Central Us gets a few days later so gear up down there.

Latest posts

Back