Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cottonwood? Never ran across one.

Nice fall right through the fence! The saw does sound on throttle like it has a sour throat or running nose or something.

So, I am over at a dudes place delivering some firewood too small for us to use in the t500 at the ranch. The guy asks if I have a saw with me. Then he asks if I would cut down his maple before it falls down or he has his son-in-law do it and kill himself that weekend, and he'd give me half the wood for it. I only had my 361 on me at the time with a 24" bar, and I have never cut down a tree twice the size of my bar, so I thought - what the hell. What could possibly go wrong? Er... Anywho, there weren't a lot of small branches I was afraid of, so I went ahead and did it without my helmet. Well, an ms361 doesn't oil enough for a job like this, and was heating up a lot so I went easy as I could on it. I used a standard triangle back cut, but prolly shoulda used a post. The entire tree trunk and root system were creaking like hell. I assumed it would barber chair on me at any time, so I am sort of tipping toeing around it and stopping now and again when the thing starts creaking on me. Never again. Next time it's my ported 385(which I didn't have at the time). I'm sure you'll enjoy the commentary by his daughters.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-VeGD0kR8Uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Gotta love a tumble in the woods!

I was perched on a little hump of soil on the good side of a pine snag. Reached for a wedge that had slid down the hill and managed to tumble over like an egg :laugh:

I yelled ####! for fear of the tree wanting to fall on me in my egg-flopped state, but then I remembered I still had to wedge it, lol.

if a logger falls in the woods do'es it make a sound?

Yes-"####### mother ####er son of whore ####ing ####balls ratpeckered son of a #####in' mother####ing donkey raping #### eater!!!"

Then you look around to see if your falling partner saw you make an ass of yourself. - Sam

Yes-"####### mother ####er son of whore ####ing ####balls ratpeckered son of a #####in' mother####ing donkey raping #### eater!!!"

Then you look around to see if your falling partner saw you make an ass of yourself. - Sam

Hey! Which time was it you saw me do that?

:laugh:

Mr. HE:cool:

And they always do. Wait...his turn will come. I always figured if a man was yelling and cussing he was probably alright. It's when you didn't hear any cussing and the saw was just idling that made you head out across the strip toward him...fast.

Last edited:
Thats funny cause I could have sworn its "god damn mother ####in ##### ass whore ####."

But then I remembered thats when I throw my chain, again, it seems to go in spells.

I dranks a cheerwine today for wowzers. Its like a light, bit more refreshing dr.pepper. I rarely drink soda and now I've had a sun drop and a cheerwine in the last 2 weeks.

And they always do. Wait...his turn will come. I always figured if a man was yelling and cussing he was probably alright. It's when you didn't hear any cussing and the saw was just idling that made you head out across the strip toward him...fast.

That is damn true, and damn good advice Bob.

I had a good one the other day. Taking a leak with my gloves tucked under my left arm, and one fell out. Directly into my stream of piss. ####. Looked around, and sure enough, there was pard, about to put a big rock in my pack just above me. We both laughed pretty hard over that whole deal - Sam

Latest posts

Back