Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anythin good in there ??

LOL...schittt yeah...I didn't know anything about a Siswheel, Dutchman/soft Dutchman, snipe etc etc etc...

I'm not a logger obviously, but I cut a fair amount of firewood for myself and others, and love running chainsaws.

Needless to say I've got some new cuts to play with...:D

Just remember the cautions put forth . Billions and billions of feet of timber has been fell very well with basic falling techniques done well . Being able to read a tree is still first and foremost .

But yes it does show some things guite well . I taught the man that broke me in falling how to use the siswheel . It works great on red alder . He's fell more timber than I .

IMG_20120320_180557.jpg

I know it's not timber on the ground . But late winter sure is pretty here. Especially after a hard cold winter

North to south . Sanford Drum Wrangel. Blackburn is to the south out of the pic ..

Whatcha gonna do with that row of snags along the road?

Slamm- On the way in you could call it walking. The way out is more like stumbling.

Tramp- That red oak was just outside of the tip across the hinge. All that root flair on those damn reds. Forwarding- Usually I try to lay everything in lead and pull up along side or in between to pick everything up. Whatever is easier. Unless I'm working a hill it doesn't really matter much. Cross leads are usually not a problem.

This one was 56" at the longest measurement and 40" at the smallest. Damn red oaks seem so big until you get em on the ground. This was a hinge chaser. She stated lifting early and it was pin and gun from there. Helluva nice crash though! Tearing tops out from all over hell!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Swinging a leaner that had to be bored.
attachment.php

View attachment 230488
View attachment 230489
View attachment 230490

Slamm- On the way in you could call it walking. The way out is more like stumbling.

Tramp- That red oak was just outside of the tip across the hinge. All that root flair on those damn reds. Forwarding- Usually I try to lay everything in lead and pull up along side or in between to pick everything up. Whatever is easier. Unless I'm working a hill it doesn't really matter much. Cross leads are usually not a problem.

This one was 56" at the longest measurement and 40" at the smallest. Damn red oaks seem so big until you get em on the ground. This was a hinge chaser. She stated lifting early and it was pin and gun from there. Helluva nice crash though! Tearing tops out from all over hell!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Swinging a leaner that had to be bored.
attachment.php

View attachment 230488
View attachment 230489
View attachment 230490

Nice picture of the sis

:hmm3grin2orange:
WOW! Not sure I'd want to doublejack with whomever came up with that name! Holly Hold Me Tight, or The Wanda Wood Weld....Tough Hinge Tammy.....Hold my Wood Hanna....When you lose one over the Hill perhaps Against the Grain Gretta?......Which side of the log are you Okies bucking from anyway?! LOL

WOW! Not sure I'd want to doublejack with whomever came up with that name! Holly Hold Me Tight, or The Wanda Wood Weld....Tough Hinge Tammy.....Hold my Wood Hanna....When you lose one over the Hill perhaps Against the Grain Gretta?......Which side of the log are you Okies bucking from anyway?! LOL

LOL I think it was Down the Hill Bill or Lost One Laurie....not sure though ;)

I like those names by the way.....I may suggest a couple of them....are they copyrighted?!

Whatchu quoting me for? I didn't say it nor am I an Okie lol!

How long you Idahizzle boys been holding tight to Dolly up there? :hmm3grin2orange:

Whatchu quoting me for? I didn't say it nor am I an Okie lol!

How long you Idahizzle boys been holding tight to Dolly up there? :hmm3grin2orange:

Idahizzle!!!LOL. Clicked the wrong one, I thought it it was you...as far as the Okie comment, It's not about geographics, but more a state of mind and metal's done told me that you're a purebred! I wouldn't worry about being called an Okie by a guy that wears a cowboy hat all the time and just had a pair of Justin lacer's caulked! LOL

Hey Pat, did you ever see these? How'd you end up doing that day?

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

What the......? Who the Hell is that? Never seen that guy before......He sure is a handsome devil, however.......I heared "notice my Okieness for not saying heard?" his chains do not cut worth beans!

Hey Pat, did you ever see these? How'd you end up doing that day?

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Too answer your question not well.....Behind every Bad Cutter, cut, lay, decision, etc. there's a hell of an excuse.....whether that excuse has any relevance too said problem is always debatable.....but let me tell you friend......I have a hell of a story/excuse.....I assure you that it will be told in my favor to the best of my ability, therefore......well.....its basically not worth telling! lol............Ok.......here it goes, and as any good story worth telling is told.......Now this is no Bull####...I had over 70 hours into my chain that I was building for this show. The day before the race I was testing it out so I could make some last minute adjustments. I was boring through and hit a big knot and it broke off a tooth in the bore cut...as you can imagane, beings it was a bore cut, the tooth stayed in there and basically destroyed my chain, mind you, this is the day before the show. I did not sleep that night, trying my level best to make a competitive chain in less than 24 hrs. Somehow in my rush I managed to grind one side of the very front of my rakers off at 35 degrees which in turn made the front of my rakers on that side sharp, and the other side at 0 like they are supposed to be. As soon as I started boring I knew I was out of the running. She was a jumping and a chattering and a pulling hard to the right side of the cut....just a real bad deal. Note the look of disgust on my face when I'm walking away and also the double cut on the log. You had to be.....I think between 10 and 12 to be in the money and I believe that I ran a hair over 15........I was way out of the running, but what really made me look good (which I blame on not getting any sleep the night before.....I always have an excuse!) was the rigging fit I threw afterwards. I strung together a collage of profanity the included female gender, livestock, my brother in law Cody, somebody's mother, more livestock, Cody again, something about a male chicken and suction......I think that's about it! Needless to say, I was very embarrassed at both my chain and my composure........Cant wait till the next one!!!:jester:

Latest posts

Back