Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the......? Who the Hell is that? Never seen that guy before......He sure is a handsome devil, however.......I heared "notice my Okieness for not saying heard?" his chains do not cut worth beans!

Talk like that......you must be related to Cody, lol.

And the lesson here is ??????????????

Don't bore into knots .?
Don't be related to Cody . ?
Unless your cutting red cedar don't side swipe your riders ?
Get lots of sleep . ?
Run a Husky :msp_unsure:

1- Did not (Knot) know it was there.....More investigation perhaps?
2- I'm related to Cody by choice....love him like a brother....in fact he is my brother...
3- I did not mean to side swipe my rakers as is evident from the above story...I was however trying to put a pocket in front of the raker to help pack out chips which I know for a fact helps clean the cut now matter what kind of wood you are cutting...It's the angle that fouled me which was a hurried mistake.
4- It was sleep or no show......never been the no show type.
5- Too each there own....I purchased a 394 and a 390.....both disappointing me but in this competition everyone had to run the same saw....It's all about the chain.
6- Just because I admit my mistakes and take blame for my faults do not mistake me for a rookie.....Realization of fault and admittance to failure is a step forward to success.....as soon as you realize this you will be running Stihl's! LOL

When I was first breaking in, I worked for one of the best falling contractors in BC, if not the best. Great man. Anyway, he would supply saws IF you ran Husky. If you wanted a Stihl, you had to buy your own! lol He called them "baby saws". That's stuck with me all these years! I find a Stihl akin to packing around a box with handles on it! Unweildy. Has to be something to them though I guess, a few guys use them! ;)

LOL, like I said to each there own. I was only fun'n Tramp....not trying to get the whole Stihl and Husky thing going. I know a lot of good hands that run Husky's.

LOL, like I said to each there own. I was only fun'n Tramp....not trying to get the whole Stihl and Husky thing going. I know a lot of good hands that run Husky's.

Haha! No worries! Like I said, I know a couple guys that run them too! ;)

Great Stihl shop you guys have over there in town. Not many places left you can buy a 660, an AK-47, and a radiator hose for your truck all at the same place anymore:laugh: The owner's wicked friendly too.

I've been told by a guy that Olive's does a good hop up on a saw.

1- Did not (Knot) know it was there.....More investigation perhaps?
2- I'm related to Cody by choice....love him like a brother....in fact he is my brother...
3- I did not mean to side swipe my rakers as is evident from the above story...I was however trying to put a pocket in front of the raker to help pack out chips which I know for a fact helps clean the cut now matter what kind of wood you are cutting...It's the angle that fouled me which was a hurried mistake.
4- It was sleep or no show......never been the no show type.
5- Too each there own....I purchased a 394 and a 390.....both disappointing me but in this competition everyone had to run the same saw....It's all about the chain.
6- Just because I admit my mistakes and take blame for my faults do not mistake me for a rookie.....Realization of fault and admittance to failure is a step forward to success.....as soon as you realize this you will be running Stihl's! LOL

I was just goofin too . . I would like Stihls better if they would give their handle bars a 2" strech fore and aft . . Their great for a short bar . Suck with a long bar . But as is I owne more stihls than I do Huskies at the moment .

Great Stihl shop you guys have over there in town. Not many places left you can buy a 660, an AK-47, and a radiator hose for your truck all at the same place anymore:laugh: The owner's wicked friendly too.

Yes sir. One of the best! I think the world of Dwain Olive. I used to cut for him when he was contracting. He's a hell of a saw, man, and businesshead.

Ya . They were pretty close in . I thot Germans had great big lunch hooks . . I know a bunch of guys who really liked the 075 . I had a couple of them . Spent 1 winter bucking firewood with an 075 with a 50" cannon on it . Sometimes I would have to block out on the side so I could get the heart cut . The pulp mill gave me a bunch of oversize that was too big for them to process .

I didn't have to block out this one . Biggest tree of the winter
IMG_20120326_152430.jpg

Ya . They were pretty close in . I thot Germans had great big lunch hooks . . I know a bunch of guys who really liked the 075 . I had a couple of them . Spent 1 winter bucking firewood with an 075 with a 50" cannon on it . Sometimes I would have to block out on the side so I could get the heart cut . The pulp mill gave me a bunch of oversize that was too big for them to process .

I didn't have to block out this one . Biggest tree of the winter
IMG_20120326_152430.jpg

Looks like she went over backwards?

The full wraps being too "tight" was one of my complaints with the 050/75s, loss of leverage and range of angle.

There was an aftermarket full-wrap handle for the 051/075/076 made in the early 80's by a gent in Ft. Bragg. It was a much more comfortable
handle to run on those saws. It was taller and a little bit wider and had the oversize grips like the modern day Pro-Safety handles.

Looks like a deep face and a post to hold it over, and he dutched his wood on the off side.

Yup . Alot of times I'm a little low on my far side . With the deep face I didn't have to tap a wedge . Topped it out in the middle of the road , slight quarter leade so I didn't have to wade thru snow when I got done limbing and the loader had good traction to break it out of its bed . .

Back