Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was working with a guy this fall who cut down in Wyoming this past summer on fires. He's from Chitna. Alaska. Said it was steep, dry and the people were unfriendly. Which surprised him, he had figured Wyomingites would be kind of like Alaskans.[/QUOT]

I grew up a little in WY, while its beautiful country, and lots of fond memories of good hunting fishing and camping, I know too many people that think I owe em somthing, like a hug... last time i saw my step brother (one of the times he wasn't in prison) he begged me for a hickory shirt...

no just covered in ugly prison tattoos of mostly the hate type origin, very loud, rude, and at one of my favorite watering holes, couldn't wait to get rid of him and the step drunk, so sacrificing a shirt no big deal, (it was that or shoot em both) plus it added to the myth of me that that side of the family has been spreading for 20 some odd years...

About a month to damn soon! Wasn't it just summer?:dizzy:

I've been up on Stemple Pass, and I'm not kidding, it was about a week and a half between sucking smoke and sweating my ass off, to putting on winter tires and winter clothes.

Oh well, only have to deal with it till mid June:laugh:

I've been up on Stemple Pass, and I'm not kidding, it was about a week and a half between sucking smoke and sweating my ass off, to putting on winter tires and winter clothes.

Oh well, only have to deal with it till mid June:laugh:

That's not funny!! It's true, but not funny. :msp_sneaky:

:msp_wink:

Damn good thing the sun never shines as well. Hard to whine about being cold when warm sun is on your face.

I recall one Nov it rained every day.

For the TFalls-Plains folks. Long ago I marked & cruised a sale somewhere out of Tfalls in 4' of snow. Of course we lit a pitch stump for lunch. By the time we started up in the PM we were about 100' from the stump & 1/2 naked because it was so damn hot.

T Falls one those depressing places in winter. I lived in a canyon S of town.

At that time Champion was hauling trainloads of nice yellow PP out. Doing their cut n run thing. Like they have from Great Lakes to the West Coast They sold out here in the 80's in OR then in the 00's in WA.

View attachment 259463View attachment 259464View attachment 259465View attachment 259466

Pictures from roaming around behind the house yesterday.
Looking NE.
259463d1351345883-fall0001_2-jpg

259464d1351345888-fall0001_4-jpg

Looking towards Mt. Adams, which you can't see, of course.
259465d1351345890-fall0001_5-jpg

Looking towards Idaho and Montaaaana. They're only a couple hundred and more miles that way.
259466d1351345892-fall0001_6-jpg

Last edited:
Damn good thing the sun never shines as well. Hard to whine about being cold when warm sun is on your face.

I recall one Nov it rained every day.

For the TFalls-Plains folks. Long ago I marked & cruised a sale somewhere out of Tfalls in 4' of snow. Of course we lit a pitch stump for lunch. By the time we started up in the PM we were about 100' from the stump & 1/2 naked because it was so damn hot.

T Falls one those depressing places in winter. I lived in a canyon S of town.

At that time Champion was hauling trainloads of nice yellow PP out. Doing their cut n run thing. Like they have from Great Lakes to the West Coast They sold out here in the 80's in OR then in the 00's in WA.

Seems like T falls is always a hot spot in the summer too. Buggy. I try and stay away from there.

Well so much for any more wildfires up there. Put a fork in it time for some pile burning now.

Oh, it'll be OK Nate. March is my favorite month. No bugs. 30 below at night 30 above during the day. I just wish it would stay March for most of the year.

March is one of my favorites too. The only thing is that you can walk on snow in the morning, but sometimes it won't hold after noon. Every third or fourth step goes in. But that March light after dark winter!

The days are getting shorter, though. Glen, are you sitting over the dark season or do you bother? I'm mostly sitting. Just a thinning job and a small clear cutting patch scheduled for December - January. Plus alarm jobs of course (not many, I hope).

Back