Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even think twice about wedging it. At first I wanted to cripple it on the stump and let it go where it leaned, but that would have hung it up.

Jameson- Looks great man. Your technique continues to improve. :clap:

Lindsey is in the hospital, have worked 9 weeks, been paid for 1.5, and my clutch just went out. My Dad is towing me to the shop where I am going to spend a few days putting a new one in, and rear main seal. Things have been kinda rough here the last month. Just checking in with ya, keeping the chin up. Be good! - Burv

Hey J-

Sorry to hear about the rough patch. I think the tides about to turn so good things are around the corner. Are you going to be able to sign up for fires this year? I gotsa torque-monster 395 here for when you get back into some decent wood.

Lindsey is in the hospital, have worked 9 weeks, been paid for 1.5, and my clutch just went out. My Dad is towing me to the shop where I am going to spend a few days putting a new one in, and rear main seal. Things have been kinda rough here the last month. Just checking in with ya, keeping the chin up. Be good! - Burv

Sorry to hear about your bad run of luck Burv. Hang in there man!

Last edited:

Staying positive is a good attitude to have.

Keep us posted.

Hey Burv,

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. It seems to be contagious. I hope things pick up for you. I agree with Jacob, I think we're about to turn the corner too. Keep on keeping your chin up.

:cry::censored::chainsaw::blob2::chainsawguy:

Cutting trees for free stops being fun after the first week!!!
I feel for ya. I hope Lindsey gets gets better soon and somebody comes up with some money for you sooner!

Did a trail hazard today. 75ft tall and the trail was 60ft away and of course it leaned for the trail. The nastiest snag I've cut so far.

On the last picture you can just make out the trail if you follow the snag to the first break and then as it zig zags and straightens for the trail. It was all mush up there. I passed it up twice before and spent 30 min. studying it today. No wind and no hikers so I cut it.

I didn't even think twice about wedging it. At first I wanted to cripple it on the stump and let it go where it leaned, but that would have hung it up.

0420001704.jpg

0420001704a.jpg

0420001704b.jpg

You found a little bone in the middle of that one.
Good work.

More Alders in the Road

I used a 2 saw method.
Hey, I just see what I did with my gloves!
attachment.php

I used the manually operated pole saw to take the tops off. I think this was unnecessary, but thought I'd try it out.
attachment.php

For the stumpologists..:)
attachment.php

The Alder Arches are gone. Antennae will now be safe.:greenchainsaw:
attachment.php

Hang in there Burv, you ain't the only one in this boat.
I spent 9 weeks off durring my wife's recovery from surgery, and the complications that followed. (You can sure get out of shape doing the wifes job for 9 weeks. She works hard, just dosen't do it for keeping you in shape).
Got back to work and had to spend $2000 on a tractor the first week in, now after another $1200 in diesel the guy say's it may be a while before he can pay me. :mad:
Oh well, I'm sure things will get better for us both.

Andy

Nice pics Kid! Looks like hickory country. You put that little block in there to kick if off to the right? How do you like the new 660?

Some hickory, mostly poplar and red oak.

Waiting on my boots, hat, saw, and other work junk to get here still, until then I have to suffer with what I got. Didnt get the saw im using cutting right till this afternoon. that little block is actually where I over cut on the far side, I had a rough first day back. . . I cut a nice red oak today but ran out of batteries before I cut it, il get some pics on monday. As soon as I get my saw, i got another red thats gonna need a 36'' bar so Im told, i havent walked up to it, but its big, lay down on the stump big. Its on a rock bluff so its gonna need a spring board to get it faced. I am excited for sure..

Last edited by a moderator:
Some hickory, mostly poplar and red oak.

Waiting on my boots, hat, saw, and other work junk to get here still, until then I have to suffer with what I got. Didnt get the saw im using cutting right till this afternoon. that little block is actually where I over cut on the far side, I had a rough first day back. . . I cut a nice red oak today but ran out of batteries before I cut it, il get some pics on monday. As soon as I get my saw, i got another red thats gonna need a 36'' bar so Im told, i havent walked up to it, but its big, lay down on the stump big. Its on a rock bluff so its gonna need a sproing board to get it faced. I am excited for sure..

Don't tumble backwards off that springboard.

Looks like we're all having a rough week this week.

I had my worst day in the last month I've been cutting. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong and I eked my way through 10 snags before calling it a day.

Hope everyone has a better week and month ahead of them :cheers:

Back