Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
northy, fiber puller.........lol, we all do it once in a while.....................tell no one

steve, yuk bro............see above
Yuk... thats what i thought before i started the saw, first 2m of log went in firewood pile. Would be better if they were all as easy as this one.100_1805.JPG 100_1809.JPG

That seam is from lightning, I forgot to add that when I posted the pic sorry guys.. It didnt really have shake It was just colored that way. Idk if the lighting had anything to do with it or not.

Alot of the chestnut oak from this job has bad shake but most of the red oak an white oak ain't been to bad so far

oak has been hot here...........good prices and they ain't picky. you have some nice timber out your way.

Yeah oak has been doin good here to.. The vaneer buyer paid $1.50 pbf for tht white oak even with that big lighting streak in it... Chestnut oak is bringing good if its big enough to make quarter saw

We been in some good timber for a while. The job I was on before this one was really good as good as it gets around here. Had some really red oak and chestnut oak... One red oak I can remember had 1600 feet in the butt log. But it was steep as hell guess that's why it hadn been logged

image.jpg Here's the red oak that had up rooted. It had a 16 ft butt it was 40 inches or so at the tip... I know its odd that I don't have a pic of that big log lol I didn't take one for some odd reason but its a true story... It was about the same size as this one just a lil bigger

Lol there ain't much timber like that around here. If there is any its so steep nobody has wanted to cut it.

Ill try to take a pic of a chestnut oak tomorrow, idk how to explain it all ive ever heard them called is a chestnut oak.

How big is that poplar? It's a good one

Lol there ain't much timber like that around here. If there is any its so steep nobody has wanted to cut it.

Ill try to take a pic of a chestnut oak tomorrow, idk how to explain it all ive ever heard them called is a chestnut oak.

How big is that poplar? It's a good one
i think it was 50"............been a while. that was less than half the tree..........and played hell loading it.

Attachments

• 102_1457.JPG
    102_1457.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 23
Back