Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great fall Jeff, did you use a line? I would seriously have bounced that off the building, into the fence, destroying both. Thx for the props JakeG, but I don't remember saying that. I'm just amazed at the tolerance for pain and suffering that Jolly Jeff seems to possess. When my friends tell me they're re-marrying, I'm like "didn't you already try that", or "you know you don't have to do that again"

Hey Jon, SOP to use a line around structures, but that just brings the weight over. Never seen a line outrun gravity, at that point the holding wood's in control.As far as pain and suffering goes, hell, I'm a climber. P & S is how we know we're still alive.

Hey Jon, SOP to use a line around structures, but that just brings the weight over. Never seen a line outrun gravity, at that point the holding wood's in control.As far as pain and suffering goes, hell, I'm a climber. P & S is how we know we're still alive.

A local guy here showed me once a kinetic rope, explaining how it is going to pull the tree all the way onto the ground. I managed to talk him out of it.

A local guy here showed me once a kinetic rope, explaining how it is going to pull the tree all the way onto the ground. I managed to talk him out of it.

As long as you have a pulling force that can outrun gravity, you're good to go. Until then, I'll keep dressing my notches and watching my back cut.

Dang it, that was the spellchecker. I edited it to say backcut! But hang on, all it takes to meet a cute Inuit girl is to have a blackout? Hmmm, this weekend could be interesting. Pics on Monday.

Luckily I caught the (Freudian) slip before editing. I mean, the girl in Denmark wasn't cute, and her family refused to let my pard leave their tent. The rescue operation was interesting.

Good luck!

Luckily I caught the (Freudian) slip before editing. I mean, the girl in Denmark wasn't cute, and her family refused to let my pard leave their tent. The rescue operation was interesting.

Good luck!

Ok ya can't say rescue opp, marriage, and interesting without telling the rest of the story, did he fake his own death, did you "kidnap him" in the middle of the night wearing checkered head scarfs and screaming dirka dirka... Wait I know you held the family at saw point and traded an ugly/socially inept acquaintance for your buddy!

Long story short... We traded him for alcohol. It didn't work out, though. They accepted the booze, but still the girl produced horrible noises when her husband made a move away from the tent area. In the end he managed to sneak off when the family got drunk.

Dang it, that was the spellchecker. I edited it to say backcut! But hang on, all it takes to meet a cute Inuit girl is to have a blackout? Hmmm, this weekend could be interesting. Pics on Monday.
Might be worth a try. Do you like a diet of dried fish and whale blubber?

Guys, just like Ice P and EricNY, I've signed on with an outfit! The owner is Jeff, a friendly spouse collecting kinda guy. He's entrusting me with the most important job in tree care, the groundie! I told him I have some awesome saws, and mad skills, but he said he has a more important job for me first! Wish me luck!

:)

Lmao, good evening good sir.

hey falling question, on a block face, the hinge strip stays on the butt instead of the stump. no fiber pull but seems like a wast of time trimming them off. hardwood if it makes a difference. am i doing sumthing wrong? butt looks great exept for the little strip.........looks like some one tacked a 1x1 on it lol.

Latest posts

Back