Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever else happened, you sure irritated that goose.

I'm not sure you could have made it work any better.

These folks have a bunch of critters running around, ducks, geese, chickens, horses a groovy welsh corgy... The noisy goose is about 99% blind and runs around in tiny little circles when scared... sad and funny at the same time.

Anyone do anything this last week? I'm sick of being in the shop I've got a job to finish of cedar and alder, then our stuff to run through with the buncher and hand fall the oversize dying stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone do anything this last week?
My wife left town for the weekend so I cut two stems of a rapidly growing river birch foolishly planted very close to my house. She doesn't believe that in 20 years that thing will be a giant tree and cost a small fortune to remove ("what do your stupid chainsaw friends know, they are probably just like you" (not a compliment)), "my landscape artist planted it there for a reason, it can't be a bad idea")). Hopefully she won't notice when she gets home.
The two stems were leaning over the roof, about 5-6" and 25 ft tall. Me being me, I grabbed the ported 385 (in my defense, it was the only one with gas in it), put in a baby-Humboldt, and turned it about 60 degrees from it's lean and away from the roof (not that it would have done any damage). I was just funnin' around, but couldn't believe that a tree that small would turn so easily.
I know this should be in the "pruning and trimming" forum, but I hadn't used a saw in a while:(

100_1727.JPG i am today's fiber puller................not sure why, cuts matched.......maybe should have made a deeper face, gutted it some, back cut more........idk, no other tree did that. in fact i can't remember the last time i pulled fiber like that.
any way, you all get to see it any way, i am not perfect lol.

the stump

the log
100_1728.JPG

Back