Farm Auction haul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ok spent yesterday at a farm auction looking at everybodys old junk and came away with what I think is a decent haul for the oldies, 2- pro Mac 10-10's, 1- 10-10A, 1- Homelite Super XL, 1- Homelite EZ auto and a thrown in Troy Bilt trimmer all for the bargain basement price of $66.50. The 2 Pro Macs run with prime, the 10-10A Pops ( I'll get her running), the 2 Homelites run on their own and just need adjustments and a good cleaning. Here is the picture.View attachment 238175

Farm auction

Nice haul, I wish we han farm auctions with old saws like that.
238175d1336935319-dscn0760-jpg

Nicely done indeed. Those are some of my favorite saws. Keep 'em all and enjoy 'em. Ditch the trimmer as soon as it stops running right (or if it takes more than fuel lines and a carb cleaning to get going).

Nice purchase! I made a deal with a local saw shop to buy all the macs they have in their bone pile. Going to get them later this week. Those 10-10's are great saws. The "350 Chevy" of chainsaws IMO. :rock:

Nicely done indeed. Those are some of my favorite saws. Keep 'em all and enjoy 'em. Ditch the trimmer as soon as it stops running right (or if it takes more than fuel lines and a carb cleaning to get going).

I put a small amount of 40-1 mix in it, choked it, pulled the cord a couple of times and it ran, so I cut the weeds around my shop and barn. When it stops running I'll give it a toss to the town clean up crew, they like old junk to work on. I can't keep all the saws, I need to break even on my purchases. I'll clean up the 10-10s, swap a few parts with my parts saws and make them look good and run good, put a good bar and chain on them and they'll be good for Ebay. I may hang on to the Super XL and drop my Craftsman / Roper 3.7.:rock:

i could definately use one of those PM 10-10 for parts

What parts are you looking for? I have some other parts of saws (10-10's) and I may have one of these saws as a parts saw. I've started working on the Pro Mac's, they both need carb cleanings to run and a good clean out. The 10-10a may become a parts saw. It has 110psi compression so it may have a ring problem. let me know what you need and we'll take a look.

Nice find. Those 10-10's are pretty nice little saws. :hmm3grin2orange:

There seems to be alot of them around this area and they pop up each time at the auctions. They are almost always filthy inside, nobody takes the time to clean them out and make them usable again, most of the ones that I run across are that way, clean 'em out, clean the carb, give a little prime and away you go.

Back