Farm Boss, Wood Boss retitled??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemiMoparGuy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any one has any ideas as to why Stihl used to call the 270 Wood Boss, and 290 Farm Boss, but now they call the 271 Farm Boss. I guess I haven't searched if they dropped the Wood Boss name, or retitled it to a smaller yet saw. But I just find it a bit odd why they retitled a smaller saw Farm Boss instead of keeping the 291 as Farm Boss. I know none of this really matters, as they are still the same cc saws respectively, just a curiosity is all.

I get it is just marketing stickers, but I just don't comprehend why they would "downgrade" their marketing name of Farm Boss. I kind of picture an old farmer b!tching that his new farm boss doesn't have the power his old one did before he ran it over with the tractor...and thus disappointed in Stihl. All because they slapped the sticker on a smaller saw

Nah, I don't think that the thought is one that denotes higher quality,

They usually slap a "Pro" or "Magnum" on those.

For what that is worth....

A 291 and 271 are very similar saws. The 291 sports a whopping 5cc and .25hp more but costs about $90 more. That's about all the difference. For nearly 100 bucks I'll take the 271 and buy another bar and chain.

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any one has any ideas as to why Stihl used to call the 270 Wood Boss, and 290 Farm Boss, but now they call the 271 Farm Boss. I guess I haven't searched if they dropped the Wood Boss name, or retitled it to a smaller yet saw. But I just find it a bit odd why they retitled a smaller saw Farm Boss instead of keeping the 291 as Farm Boss. I know none of this really matters, as they are still the same cc saws respectively, just a curiosity is all.

Hoping someone will mistake it for husky's Rancher line.

Hoping someone will mistake it for husky's Rancher line.

Yeah just imagine the Disappointment on Christmas Morning when the Poor Ba$tard opens the gift he has been eyeing for weeks, KNOWING that the Wife bought him a Husqvarna 465 Rancher, and it is a Lowly Stihl;), when she sees the disappointed look on his face, her answer is:

"I thought that a FARM BOSS, would be Better than JUST a RANCHER", Unfortunately Most women just don't UNDERSTAND:(:(:(:(....... ;);):)

Doug :cheers:

Latest posts

Back