Farmertec "Caber" rings real or fake?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what we would call here in the west as "quality assurance" compared to what you might get at aliexpress or ebay.
You might be happy with what you get for that cost or not, but you likely get some of the best they can offer. Several of us did a 660 buildoff a few years ago. Out of about 50 saws purchased in bulk at the same time, there were cylinders from 6-8 different no-name manufacturers
I don’t believe there’s any quality assurance about it. They buy from the absolute cheapest sources they can find with a bare minimum of quality control. Exactly the same quality as the cheapest available on Alibaba. Several years ago about 50 of us got in on a 660 buildoff. There were no-name cylinders from at least 6-8 different molds/manufacturers

From Caber:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting us.
We confirm we supplied Farmertec in the past year with our rings that were all marked Caber.
Anyway it would be very useful to see the rings that seem to you "rough" compare to the first you bought.
We would appreciate to have a look at the rings you received to let us understand if they are really our rings. Could you please start to send us some pictures? We will see if they are enough for us to understand this matter.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I sent pictures and await response.
Thetone, how about messaging Caber back, offering to send the farmer tech rings you brought that say caber, for testing. In return request they send a set from their warehouse. That will dispel all possibilities. Request to be kept in the loop. Explain they don’t appear to be caber quality. Best case they are genuine, worst case they are a clone and caber should know about it.

Anyone remember all that drywall that was giving folks cancer? How about those toys your kids and grandkids where playing with that had dangerous levels of led? How about the dog treats and food that was killing fido? Deceiving you for profit is what they do and they don't understand why we think its wrong. The rings may run fine but I doubt there authenticity.

Anyone remember all that drywall that was giving folks cancer? How about those toys your kids and grandkids where playing with that had dangerous levels of led? How about the dog treats and food that was killing fido? Deceiving you for profit is what they do and they don't understand why we think its wrong. The rings may run fine but I doubt there authenticity.
Yes, but you dont say that because of your extended experience, you say that because you hate china.

I don’t believe there’s any quality assurance about it. They buy from the absolute cheapest sources they can find with a bare minimum of quality control. Exactly the same quality as the cheapest available on Alibaba. Several years ago about 50 of us got in on a 660 buildoff. There were no-name cylinders from at least 6-8 different molds/manufacturers
I understand your statement when you compare it to German quality, so when you no longer get overprized parts for your saw just throw it in the trash.
I have absolutely no problems with that at all.

But when I build my kit, carefully selecting parts from all around the world - and I love doing that, and I am proud of my result and achivement - and the only thing you can say about it as a senior memeber of this community; is that its just trash. That is not alright.

No. If read all my posts I state when at all possible do not buy from China. My statement was not about love or hate. If you read about there manufacturing philosophy this rings true. Deception is an acceptable practice.

The lengths you guys go to to make Chinese junk work is amazing.
That has to be the first time I’ve ever heard that farmertec sources the highest quality parts to sell to the American consumers.

“Meanwhile, I think I’ll replace this bearing, that bearing, these clips, that piston, the crank, the seals, oh, and all the rubber parts with oem”

:laugh:

Interesting! I wonder when farmertech will start to just clone the cabers and sell them as the genuine thing. I admit I was wrong on this one then!
I’ve done a fair bit of business with farmertec, and have never seen them try to oss any of their stuff off as a genuine/oem product. They don’t even offer their saws in OEM colors, only parts.

Thetone, how about messaging Caber back, offering to send the farmer tech rings you brought that say caber, for testing. In return request they send a set from their warehouse. That will dispel all possibilities. Request to be kept in the loop. Explain they don’t appear to be caber quality. Best case they are genuine, worst case they are a clone and caber should know about it.

Good idea. I'm still waiting on them for a verdict based on the photos.

I have 9 of the farmertec saws, plus however many I have sold now. The only issue I have had from any of them was a bad recoil spring.
I have used many of their pistons, the only one I had problems with was a piston for a Stihl 85R trimmer that the piston pin bore didn't line up.

Someone in here have an agenda.. others are freeminded.
I'm not happy with all my replacement parts, but Im impressed by some of them.
So when I'm not happy with a sertain brand, I search for another.
If you search, you will sometimes find; gold.

Someone in here have an agenda.. others are freeminded.
I'm not happy with all my replacement parts, but Im impressed by some of them.
So when I'm not happy with a sertain brand, I search for another.
If you search, you will sometimes find; gold.
Agreed, some have the mentality of OEM or bust, that may work if you are running a business but if you are just a low on funds homeowner going out for firewood, then not so much.

Agreed, some have the mentality of OEM or bust, that may work if you are running a business but if you are just a low on funds homeowner going out for firewood, then not so much.
Profound amateur, skilled craftsmen - you choose and make your judgement. Don't underestimate the amateur though...

Profound amateur, skilled craftsmen - you choose and make your judgement. Don't underestimate the amateur though...
Former skilled craftsman (worked in a shop servicing/repairing/rebuilding) and now now do it in my home shop for the enjoyment.

Bravo! You have a garage full of **** now. Plus it must feel nice aiding and abetting communist trash.
So whats it to you if they have?, you do know your 'leader' the great Obiden (in reality it's not really him but his handlers and his wife holding him up) is slowly but surely dragging the US towards "communist trash" anyway. Hoorah!.

Back