Farmertec G3120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the warranty on them?
Contact a reputable dealer for such info IMHO. Lots of them out there in US.

Me I dont worry about a warranty OEM or aftermarket.

I use Jes from MT and he has another guy with shop in PA. Then dealers everywhere but UK. Surprised at some of the countries with dealers for them.

Farmertec G888 when new. Weight full with 36" Cannon bar and 3/8 chain.

g888p.jpgg888444466.jpgg888weight36full.jpgg888cb.jpg

How'd the first tank run?

Considering the quality issues coming out of the Sweden facility, I'm less opposed to buying some non-oem stuff these days.
No clue on G3120. Now G888 felt stronger then oem 088.

Did you see the batches of new oem husky 395's and 390's coming with the backwards pistons. Come on man.

h395p.jpg

088 has the largest combustion chamber in the 1124 line I do believe.
Ya but a farmertec aftermarket cylinder and piston is $33. https://www.farmertec.com/60MM-Cyli...4-020-1209-With-Pin-Ring-Circlip-p229850.html

$300 OEM kit shouldn't be stronger? Ya I know about combustion chambers and port timing. Still IMO that shows the G888 did good.

Just saying the G888 felt stronger in cuts for 500 dollar saw out of box tuned over a 1500 dollar saw tuned and with fresh carb kit.

s088vv.jpg

Ya but a farmertec aftermarket cylinder and piston is $33. https://www.farmertec.com/60MM-Cyli...4-020-1209-With-Pin-Ring-Circlip-p229850.html

$300 OEM kit shouldn't be stronger? Ya I know about combustion chambers and port timing. Still IMO that shows the G888 did good.

Just saying the G888 felt stronger in cuts for 500 dollar saw out of box tuned over a 1500 dollar saw tuned and with fresh carb kit.

View attachment 1124415
It should with with a decent exhaust timing and more compression.

It should with with a decent exhaust timing and more compression.
088 was like new too low hour saw. It is what it is ;)

I'm not the only one to say it either. Others that have had both said it too.

Wish I would have had one of my stock 084's left to compare. Only had 2 stock and 3 ported.

088 and some 84's 166's
s088z.jpgs084xx.jpg
s084gtg07.jpg

088 was like new too low hour saw. It is what it is ;)

I'm not the only one to say it either. Others that have had both said it too.

Wish I would have had one of my stock 084's left to compare. Only had 2 stock and 3 ported.

088 and some 84's 166's
View attachment 1124418View attachment 1124419
My 084s will eat the 088s for lunch in any trim or stock. The last 088 was dealer fopa twice. It melted a fuel line from running pump gas e20. The dealer rebuilt it for 500 ten years ago. The saw was roasted in 40 minutes. It went back the dealer told him 500 it's your fault. He gave me the saw. Melted in half fuel line was still in it. Piston was junk again. Dealer kept the old jug and refused to give it back. Case closed there.

Cleaned the jug, oem piston and it has the compression of something much lesser, aways did. Big dumb aluminum muffler can on it also. The first 880 steps on it and this saw has a gasket delete. My stock 084 runs way better. He runs 32-1 VP and aviation LL100. It's a turd in my book. Needs the chamber welded up to be any good imho. You could cut it 0.080 and then fix everything, not! No fix for it but a giant domed piston. Decided to try some small Meteor popups in the 660, 066 and an 084. Less grinding on the transfers and can be playing with timing using two base gaskets or one or none. Cut three jugs different to run on two saws with different pistons in 1122 and 1124

My 084s will eat the 088s for lunch in any trim or stock. The last 088 was dealer fopa twice. It melted a fuel line from running pump gas e20. The dealer rebuilt it for 500 ten years ago. The saw was roasted in 40 minutes. It went back the dealer told him 500 it's your fault. He gave me the saw. Melted in half fuel line was still in it. Piston was junk again. Dealer kept the old jug and refused to give it back. Case closed there.

Cleaned the jug, oem piston and it has the compression of something much lesser, aways did. Big dumb aluminum muffler can on it also. The first 880 steps on it and this saw has a gasket delete. My stock 084 runs way better. He runs 32-1 VP and aviation LL100. It's a turd in my book. Needs the chamber welded up to be any good imho. You could cut it 0.080 and then fix everything, not! No fix for it but a giant domed piston. Decided to try some small Meteor popups in the 660, 066 and an 084. Less grinding on the transfers and can be playing with timing using two base gaskets or one or none. Cut three jugs different to run on two saws with different pistons in 1122 and 1124
I miss my old 084, cousin has it now. Never should have gotten rid of it. Can't remember who did the porting on it, dam thing should have had a kick starter even using the decomp. Bought it off a guy that moved in from out on the west coast. Great saw.

Back