Stihl 028 WoodBoss snap ring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidneycutter

Kidneycutter
Reaction score
Bought this a long time ago and when I looked closely it had a af (farmertec) piston and cylinder Raised dome. Anyway, I bought an Oem piston (flat top) and cylinder and it’s been sitting in a drawer ever since. Thought I’d change today but I need to find some piston snap rings for it - I have one original double e ring but need a set. The circlips that came the farmertec are too big to sit in the groove plus there is no hole to insert and extract them on the Oem. it seems this part is obsolete so if someone has some info it would be helpful.

If it was me I would just use the domed piston. Don't see anything to be gained by using a flat here other than less compression. Clip should be 10 mm I'm thinking. Those older saws used a clip with tabs on each side. Probably because they did not turn enough RPM for metal fatigue to brake them off.
I cut the tabs off with side cutters anyway just because I have seen to many wrecked saws from the tabs breaking off.
I don't see anything special about it. Just get some 10 mm circlips from any saw and use them.

Latest posts

Back