FarmerTec Huztl MS180/250 Complete Chainsaw Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chain catcher is a teet off the clutch cover and not a desirable design to me. i know that they used them and changed them to something better. My local dealer has the one in the ipl for 4$ so i will pick that up and grind this one off after i am sure of the fitment of the one I want.

catcher.jpg

I've ordered several parts from Huztl and they fit just fine for the most part but it seems in the kits they don't try as hard for quality. I kinda wonder if they aren't using seconds for the kits..
I tell ya its a sure fire thing they are aware of it and must be doing that very thing. I think they build, lets say 500 kits and store them in a trailer and when the order comes in the worker pulls what he needs and sends them down the road. so that mistake is repeated time and time again until all those kits are gone.

i was an Ahole with them recently over this. they have begun to play games. its not worth it. i asked why they did not open the boxes and fix the problems and they just ignored me and went into this worthless apology that was not honest. i would much rather sing their praises when they deserve it and on the other hand, oh well....watch out.

I just bought a flywheel, recoil assy and clutch cover/chain adjuster for my ms250c to delete the easy2start and quick adjust.
The recoil assy is decent, the clutch cover is fine, the flywheel had a bit of casting flash that I cleaned up on the outer side of the taper, but nothing that made it unusable. The chain adjuster fit well, and will probably be fine.

Huztl/Farmertec is good for many cheap parts: Walbro carb kits, whole Zama carbs, oil pumps etc. I had a batch of carburetors delivered just last week and they are absolutely fine and less than half the price they would be if bought from some EU vendor (and they are exactly the same thing).
But if you buy a whole saw from them and expect it to go together like it should, you are in for a whole lot of pain. I've bought from them some parts that either required a lot of work to be made to fit or just fell to pieces after less than one season of not particularly intense work. The recoil starters for Honda engines they carry are some of the sorriest pieces of junk I've ever seen and most of their pre-cut fuel and oil lines are nigh on useless.

From what I understand Huztl/Farmertec is just a distributor: they buy parts from factories across China, repackage them and sell them.
There aren't hundreds of factories across China manufacturing recoil starters for Honda engines or Zama carburetor clones. Probably just a couple. Like all similar outfits, their products are available in three or four "grades", depending on how much the customer wants to spend. These grades range from decent to junk.
And like many similar outfits, Huztl/Farmertec has zero control over their vendors, meaning if parts are ill-fitting or whatever they cannot do much more than simply tell the factory manufacturing the part. If however Huztl bought the bottom grade stuff they are unlikely to complain because they just knew what they were buying.

How many parts are in a chainsaw kit? They are very likely to come from dozens of vendors with no unified quality control system and be of several different grades, hence unlikely to go together without a lot of work.

I was considering buying a kit or two for next year but think better of it now. I've heard others say that parts are missing, don't fit, etc. so I think I'll wait.
Even if the kits had problems, so many, result after notifying them. Palmer one of the most disappointing things in my recent life is the way this has turned out with them. You know how much crap I took for them. So even with me they say we will resend but don't. I think the Chinese are crazy. No honor. Like many of us. But the difference is we believed they were just stumbling and they were actually treating us like idiots. Oh sorry we no understand. We are idiots when we believe that kinda of stuff.

Those that are having no trouble now will in the future. Buying small or large people do it to save money. Some of us lose time and money. But being mislead over and over is cumulative and winds up being personally painful.

So i did not want to have to mess around with a bad carb so i bought a walbro wt-215. I set them side by side tonight and am now glad I did. the red is pointing out the differences.
The differences won't affect function. These carb bodies are for the MS 180 (And other models for the Walbro - unopened impulse hole at 12 o/c). The 6 o/c impulse hole is brass plugged and a 7 o/c hole is drilled making a slanted internal tube for impulse.
Even with both 6 o/c and 7 o/c holes open, if you had a good carb gasket, doubt you'd have impulse leak and saw would run fine. But safer to plug unused impulse hole.

The differences won't affect function. These carb bodies are for the MS 180 (And other models for the Walbro - unopened impulse hole at 12 o/c). The 6 o/c impulse hole is brass plugged and a 7 o/c hole is drilled making a slanted internal tube for impulse.
Even with both 6 o/c and 7 o/c holes open, if you had a good carb gasket, doubt you'd have impulse leak and saw would run fine. But safer to plug unused impulse hole.
Thanks but I am pleased with the walbro. "doubt" is not good enough when you are yanking on that cord wondering why it will not fire, or you go lean in a cut. i got and extra "doubt" if you are shopping, brand new in the box. lol. fix you right up

Even if the kits had problems, so many, result after notifying them. Palmer one of the most disappointing things in my recent life is the way this has turned out with them. You know how much crap I took for them. So even with me they say we will resend but don't. I think the Chinese are crazy. No honor. Like many of us. But the difference is we believed they were just stumbling and they were actually treating us like idiots. Oh sorry we no understand. We are idiots when we believe that kinda of stuff.

Those that are having no trouble now will in the future. Buying small or large people do it to save money. Some of us lose time and money. But being mislead over and over is cumulative and winds up being personally painful.
I noticed you did speak for them on this forum but I didn't know if you had an official position with them or not. Sometimes I'll tend to brag about something online and others seem to think I'm working for them or getting paid by them and I'm just putting out an opinion. I noticed the Chinese use our language in a way that kinda confuses us, I had assumed they didn't have a good grasp of our language but I'm of the opinion now that they could have been conning us all along to gain an advantage. But the Chinese aren't the only ones...ever try ebay? I get took by them quite a bit but I'm tapering off my business through them also...

Bedford, are the issues you found actually deal breakers? Cleaning, deburring and smoothing parts is something every kid learned while building models. To me these kits are bigboy models so would expect to do the same effort.
BTW how does the ms381 run?
Walter

Bedford, are the issues you found actually deal breakers? Cleaning, deburring and smoothing parts is something every kid learned while building models. To me these kits are bigboy models so would expect to do the same effort.
BTW how does the ms381 run?
Walter
No. There actions are the deal breakers. How much effort NOT related to making the saw run are you willing to endure. That's the issue here.

Follow along. I buy the kit and it arrives missing stuff.

Now you say ok I will go buy the stuff. After a while and many "I will go buy the stuff" you decide to make them replace it.

Now you gotta convince them. They will make that so painful. So Send me drawing. So send me picture. Blah blah.

Ok now they say we will send it is that ok? You might miss that. But if you don't respond they will never ever send it. Common sense plays no role.

Ok now you catch that and say where's my tracking. Oh we send now. So now you got two solid weeks in just requesting the parts.

The parts arrive another 14 days, they are paying freight and they send slow, recall you have sent them pictures and drawings and you open that box and often it's the wrong part.

Now you get to start all over. Their excuse is worker made mistake or something. But they make you work just as hard and now you wait again

I am not going on with this surely you understand me. This happens to me all the time.

Except I know for sure there excuses are crap. Last year I was their only cheerleader and they promised reform. I was delighted because this is my hobby. I do not work for them but I have asked to be a stateside kit Depot so problems could be fixed quickly. I have given them extensive feedback on what to improve and when. Rang alarms when important stuff happened they needed to know about. I mean immediately.

So when I tell them something is missing and they give me the run around or I see them give you the run around I communicate to them.

I am seeing the better they do the less they care. Breaks my heart.

Think about this problem. They are sending out ms250 kits all over the world literally with a flywheel that is so poorly finished I worry it could shatter besides not fit and run properly. I get wind of it and say you have this problem. They say our workers are trained poorly, that whole problem. I said no that's poor management. You send somebody out to that trailer where you stacked those kits and open every one of them and pull the bad parts and replace with good parts. They talk about bad workers instead.

So this is the problem I am aware of what's really going on and they don't understand that my mommy did not raise no fool.

So you just wait until it affects you and then you can decide if it's a deal breaker.

Little things like that brake band pin. They are producing. Or bought. I bought knowing the saws we're safe because they were exact copies of great saws. The brake bank and the flywheel are two examples of that ethos going the wrong way. Is that really a deal breaker. It could be. Will me whined openly while they read it from their office help. I certainly hope so. That's the point.

I recently wrote in the thread they were to monitor what should we build thread. I buried one line in my most recent post...fix the huztl website search box so the word search goes away. It's still there. Is that in their interest. I could go on. This was way more than I intended

Sorry Bedford I had no idea it was that bad. Just becoming interested in a kit saw and so uninitiated as yet. Will rethink where my dollars go for sure
Cheers eh

I hope people buy from them. I hope they keep prices low.

I hope people make them responsible so we have cheap safe parts. But you gotta make them and after a while they will see it's more profitable to them to do it right the first time. They will be happy we will be happy. I love buying stuff and putting it to use.

Sorry Bedford I had no idea it was that bad. Just becoming interested in a kit saw and so uninitiated as yet. Will rethink where my dollars go for sure
Cheers eh
Buy a 440 kit or a 660 kit. When you buy it tell them you would like a good 250 kit when they are serious. .

I recently bought a 660 updated kit and wrote about it. I was missing some small stuff I am still waiting on. I did not see it when I did box video. Quality was better, great. So I am hanging with them but I am going hammer them and encourage people like you to buy but make them make it right. Enough people do it they will. I am sure of it.

Just noticed recoil is wrong
d51e849d4c74818bf3f72d7238fef067.jpg

the kill switch uses something similar to a spade not a barrel. I guess they just sent the closest thing. the red wire is way to small even if you slide the insulator back . the actual part number for the harness is 1123 440 3002.

250 wiring.JPG

What's wrong with it? The one I put on my genuine saw felt cheap, but fit and works fine.
Didn't have an OEM one to compare though.
It would not fit. But I noticed, just noticed, it might work if the brake handle was not anchored. My flywheel is missing and wiring not complete. So to do brake I anchored handle and did not notice it was why. I will remove and try again. Might be all it takes. I have never seen one. It is light weight!

Latest posts

Back