Farmertec Ms440 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshNY

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got my Farmertec MS440 kit from Huztl today! Will update this thread as my build progresses.
cf002db1077da90adee59b64eb05ffd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

1st issue arises. Was checking the case halves and crank, I appear to have the wrong case gasket, or one that is miss cut. Totally misses the front edge by the oil tank!
41c4c174b66877c249b03de7b29065a4.jpg

The number pj46050 on the case, Google says it is a 460 crankcase. Could I still build this saw if I get the right case gasket? Or is this case incompatible with more of my 440 parts?

No, rest of parts all have stickers for 440. No stickers on the bag the case was in.

If you'd like I can send you a 440 crankcase in the morning and when you get it, send me back your 460. I pedal these chink parts on eBay so I've got plenty sitting around.
I'll let you know, I sent huztl a message, we'll see what they do.

Well, I may have to take up the offer to swap cases.
I emailed Huztl Friday, received a response asking for pictures, sent them detailed pictures including the part numbers.
Received a response back saying they would look into it with the warehouse on Monday.
Have not heard anything since. Emailed Tuesday, no responce.
Will try one last try today.

I quit buying from them when simple crap wouldn't get replaced without a dozen emails and rattling their door over and over and over again. Missing dogs on a starter, wrong manifold, screws too short. They argue, ask for more information, then just disappear altogether and hope you go away. I love building a saw, but they pissed me off enough with their non-customer service - that and outright inability to satisfy simple sheitsky replacements, that I think I am done. In the end, I pretty much always found it cheaper to resolve on my own with a few dollars instead of staying pissed. Typical chinese ******** business ethic, or lack thereof. I bet you need to do the trade, that Huztl ignores you long enough for THEIR problem to go away..

Thanks to ozhoo, he is swapping my case for the correct 440 case.
With any luck, post office will be delivering monday.
With any luck, will get the crank and cases assembled next week and start my build!

Getting my Farmertec parts laid out in anticipation of my ms440 build this week!

b96ef896f079266b2f312f40dd909bcb.jpg

Interesting to note, the Huztl kit came with the famous dual port muffler!
4e632cd015a6f4719f09bf13771517ef.jpg

Got the case Ozhoo graciously sent me.
Put the case halves and crank togeather.
Put the crank in the freezer and the cases in the oven at 200. The crank slid right into the bearings nice and I bolted the halves together and tapped with a plastic hammer to center the crank.
Got the piston and cylinder on.
Got the flywheel, oil pump and clutch on.

One source of confusion was the hardware is not labeled what is what so I may make a list of what bolt sizes go where.

Overall went pretty well so far.
8ce6d0c0086f589ca95ecfd626a3c3ba.jpg

Latest posts

Back