Farmi winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutch3912

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I know there have been alot of posts on this and I posted something in the Logging forum without much help. Anyone have a farmi they are looking to sell? 351p Also interested in Fransgard v3507, Wallenstein fx90 and Tajfun EGV 40.
Any help would be excellent.
Thanks

Hard to find used, unless d.o.a. - My guess is once someone gets one, they like it so much they won't part with it [unless to trade up] My advise, get your name & number at every machinery place, dealer, etc. you can, let them know what you want. Search google, ebay of course & craigslist. Or, you can always go the big step & buy a new one - Look at it as an investment, if you don't trash it, you can just about get your money back someday. The way the economy is today, some dealer might give you an awesome break on a new one, just to move inventory!

Last edited:
I have what is a 501 (I think). It is not for sale. I, like you looked all over the place for a used one. Couldn't find one. Do youself a favor, bite the bullet and buy one. I absolutely love mine. You will not believe what you can pull with the thing.

I have what is a 501 (I think). It is not for sale. I, like you looked all over the place for a used one. Couldn't find one. Do youself a favor, bite the bullet and buy one. I absolutely love mine. You will not believe what you can pull with the thing.

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

Ive missed two so far. One I dragged my feet and didnt just get in the car and pick it up. Farmi for 1000 bucks. Actually talked to the guy about it too. Waited around to see what the wife thought about it. Never again. Just missed a Fransguard for 900. Didnt even have a chance to see it. His reply to my email was "sold, site unseen".

Enough "b@11s" to haul even big 30" stuff? anything you've come across it can't handle?
I'm looking at cutting some big pines and I don't want to get stuck pulling out 8' sections and doing extra trips.

Enough "b@11s" to haul even big 30" stuff? anything you've come across it can't handle?
I'm looking at cutting some big pines and I don't want to get stuck pulling out 8' sections and doing extra trips.

I believe it has more to do with what your tractor can pull than what your winch can. I've pulled 28" diameter (@ the base, 16" at the top) 30' trees with my 35 Hp tractor and farmi 351p. The winch has pulled trees over/thru rocks (big rocks) and 3" diameter trees.:givebeer:

i can pull alot of wood with my 40horse deere and farmi 351.

step one: LIMB YOUR WOOD! it pulls alot easier. drop it, limb it, put a roll hitch on it, then limb it again. dont just cut the branch of but trim the knot even with the bole of the tree.

step 2. dont stand behind the wheel of the tractor. if the log hitches up behind a stump the tractor will move backwards pretty quick, you cant move fast enough. pull the rope out all the way so you arent near the machine.

step 3. use the lower pulley or the notches on the crossbar. it makes the tractor alot less likely to nose up.

step 4. tire chains. somthing other than ladder chains that will lay down between the lugs. my old man tool old cross chains from a set of truck chains and made squares in a set of ladder chains. BIG DIFFERENCE!

woodfarmer

"here's a hitch of heavy beech, enough "b@11s" for ya"
Thats enough proof for me. Thanks:greenchainsaw:

Well, I guess there is a limit for everything but so far (I used one winter) I have been pretty impressed. I used it basically for hauling tops, but I did haul some pretty big Cottonwood's out, probably 30 or bigger but I think I cut them pretty short as all I was going to do was cut them for firewood. I have it on a 60 horse JD and the winch is more than the tractor can handle actually.

Hutch, they'll always be something they "can't handle" but, thats what they make real skidders for. My homemade 3 pt winch pulled these oak logs [avg. 3000 lb] up what was probably a 45 degree bank, end plowing up the dirt, small stuff pushed over or uprooted. If you lodge up against a 6" dia. tree, then no, you're stuck, it's just going to pull the tractor backwards. Mines a 53 hp IHC, not a liteweight with 18.4 loaded tires. I am so impressed with the power of a 3 pt. winch compared to running out chains, pulling from the tractor drawbar - There is no comparing the two. :clap:
coak8.jpg

Latest posts

Back